New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
replica of a real statue and people don't like the pose... sounds like the HCG space jockey maquette I have... some don't like it and maybe prefer palisades but HCG is a replica of the Giger maquette

I think he had mentioned doing a trade for an ss maquette, that'd be a fair trade in my opinion considering they were about the same price to begin with and the trade off is size vs accuracy...more or less...

But yeah 2k is a bit much

alien is one of the most difficult statues to get 100% accurate, as far as i know noone has come close in term of non-bust statues except the sano 1/5.

i would pay 2k for this over most other statue including those ironman lsf..predator ex maquette is probably the only statue have priority over this if i didnt already have it.

alien is one of the most difficult statues to get 100% accurate, as far as i know noone has come close in term of non-bust statues except the sano 1/5.

i would pay 2k for this over most other statue including those ironman lsf..predator ex maquette is probably the only statue have priority over this if i didnt already have it.

Well you know it, and I know it, and a few others on the boards know it, but that's pretty much it...slim chance of it selling at that price to much anyone else, as I've seen this on eBay for quite awhile already...

Well you know it, and I know it, and a few others on the boards know it, but that's pretty much it...slim chance of it selling at that price to much anyone else, as I've seen this on eBay for quite awhile already...

I agree. I think all the hard core Alien collectors either already got their statue or couldn't afford it in the first place, let alone at $2,000.

$2,000 maybe too much for a statue of this size. Accurate or not. Just my 2 cents.

Although, I'd definitely pay $2,000 for Silent Surfer's custom painted Sano statue. ;)

With all due respect, paying $2000 for a 1/5 statue... :google

this is not a small statue at 20" I really don't get the prejudice against such a perfect statue painted by sano himself just because its a few inches shorter than 1/4.

Do you rather have the sideshow 1/4 big chap at a third the cost made in some Chinese factory with inaccuracies and sloppy paint but hi it's gigantic? some license accuracy doesn't matter but alien accuracy trumps everything else in my book...and it's not like this is 1/7 or something...

:cuckoo:

As much as I like my ss maquette, the sculpt on my Roswell statue is just so precise...every rib, every nuance, every subtlety in the original sculpt has been replicated to utter perfection by Sano...It is really in a class all its own...if it were the same size as the ss or cm for that matter, it'd be even more detailed than it already is...I don't mind that it doesn't have some of the suit details like the elbow spurs, but I guess it wasn't initially intended...

this is not a small statue at 20" I really don't get the prejudice against such a perfect statue painted by sano himself just because its a few inches shorter than 1/4.

Do you rather have the sideshow 1/4 big chap at a third the cost made in some Chinese factory with inaccuracies and sloppy paint but hi it's gigantic? some license accuracy doesn't matter but alien accuracy trumps everything else in my book...and it's not like this is 1/7 or something...

:cuckoo:

I don't like the SS maquette at all. SS seems not to worry about accuracy anymore. But if I consider 2K too much for a 1/2, you would undestand that I will consider expensive a 1/5.

I was interested in his Alien 3 1/3 scaled bust (spectacular piece) but it was way too pricey too, Sano set his standards too high to me.

As much as I like my ss maquette, the sculpt on my Roswell statue is just so precise...every rib, every nuance, every subtlety in the original sculpt has been replicated to utter perfection by Sano...It is really in a class all its own...if it were the same size as the ss or cm for that matter, it'd be even more detailed than it already is...I don't mind that it doesn't have some of the suit details like the elbow spurs, but I guess it wasn't initially intended...

Same here! have both SS maquette and Sano special.
Totally two different dimensions..

(wouldn't get rid of my sano for even 2.5k.. lovin it! and my ---> :family )

Same here! have both SS maquette and Sano special.
Totally two different dimensions..

(wouldn't get rid of my sano for even 2.5k.. lovin it! and my ---> :family )

Now...just waiting to see if they'll do a bigger statue...and wondering how many pretty little pennies it's gonna set me back....

i like it....but too small for my taste, it is a very detail sculpt tho.

i hope he make 1/2 scale figure or 1/3 scale.....

If Sano does make another Giger Alien, then I hope that it's in a different pose. I do love the museum pose it's in now but, I won't spend that kind of dough on something that looks exactly the same, only bigger.

1/3 scale would be perfect for me.

If Sano does make another Giger Alien, then I hope that it's in a different pose. I do love the museum pose it's in now but, I won't spend that kind of dough on something that looks exactly the same, only bigger.

1/3 scale would be perfect for me.

I agree...something different...nothing extravagant, but something that is either definitive, like the box pose, or stooping pose, or something that would be considered in-character...or on-model

I agree...something different...nothing extravagant, but something that is either definitive, like the box pose, or stooping pose, or something that would be considered in-character...or on-model

Exactly the poses I was thinking of. Something iconic from the movie would be perfect.

Hey gang this is indeed the same piece that I am listing on eBay and here. And yeah I am getting sick of listing it over and over again as well but the lesson I learned the hard way is that if you have something truly hard to find you shouldn't lower your asking price because people will just continue to hold out hoping for a better price. This is only the case when there is no market for a piece because it is sold so uncommonly (unlike something like a LOTR berserker PF where people know what the price is but continue to list it for way higher, ditto for Darth Talon PF as well). I have had many people interested but no one ready to pull the trigger. As for size/scale - eh I don't think that way. I have paid a lot for pieces to be custom painted that are 1:5 scale and honestly think 5 foot tall collectibles are a big much. The quality compared to the SS piece isn't close really. But if someone wanted to shoot a trade offer for Star Wars stuff (PFs and 1:6) I might consider as well, same for a Conan PF. But I am not offering a 1:1 trade here (that is one conan PF for this piece). Also, somewhere in this thread is a link to a sale of one of these in Japan for 2500 US, hence my price.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey gang this is indeed the same piece that I am listing on eBay and here. And yeah I am getting sick of listing it over and over again as well but the lesson I learned the hard way is that if you have something truly hard to find you shouldn't lower your asking price because people will just continue to hold out hoping for a better price. This is only the case when there is no market for a piece because it is sold so uncommonly (unlike something like a LOTR berserker PF where people know what the price is but continue to list it for way higher, ditto for Darth Talon PF as well). I have had many people interested but no one ready to pull the trigger. As for size/scale - eh I don't think that way. I have paid a lot for pieces to be custom painted that are 1:5 scale and honestly think 5 foot tall collectibles are a big much. The quality compared to the SS piece isn't close really. But if someone wanted to shoot a trade offer for Star Wars stuff (PFs and 1:6) I might consider as well, same for a Conan PF. But I am not offering a 1:1 trade here (that is one conan PF for this piece). Also, somewhere in this thread is a link to a sale of one of these in Japan for 2500 US, hence my price.

Cheers,
Chris

I agree...don't lower your price unless you are willing to take a "loss" as it were because like me, I wouldn't sell mine unless I would get premium price on it back...until the day I decide it is worth less to me, but in the meantime there is no price within the range of logical or fair, that I would ever sell my statue, as it is the one Roswell piece in my collection, not a spare...nor a variation...and I intend to hold onto it as long as I continue to get enjoyment from it :D

I wish I didn't have to cancel the sano bust when I first ordered, but in this case the ss maquette as a whole statue took precedence over a bust when I considered the price...I wasn't collecting busts plus I had the giger alien head already...did I regret my decision? Not really since the Roswell sano statue more than made up for that tough decision...if I could get it now though, I probably would pick it up ...

Back