New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can blame giger for that...sanos sculpture is supposed to be a replica of that original statue by giger which is currently on display in gruyere switzerland...the reason it is neutral, is because its the basis for the suit sculpte...there are a couple differences between this and the final costume...mainly that the hands where made as separate gloves, so the ribbing was added to hide the separation. And this original sculpture, has no elbow spurs.

Oh and the fingers were paired up on the costume to prevent flopping

Dammit!, you were faster than me! :gah:

:exactly: ;)

*PS!, Some great facts Demo! didn't know that! =D

Last edited:
only complaint i have is.....too small for my taste.

its a very very nice statue, and very accurate to giger's work, i wish this is 1/3 scale or 1/1 scale tho. :slap

That's been relisted at the same price over and over again. I can't see many ppl paying that much in that scale.

Relisted, huh? I wonder why I've never seen it before. I usually do a Sano Alien search just to see what comes up, but nothing ever does. I found that by accident doing a search for Alian Big Chap in Google Images.

i am surprised nobody got that yet even at 2x retail, considering the amount of crap people are willing to pay $2k for (lsf anyone?). This is the most accurate alien statue ever released and one of the best painted. There is no alternative.

go figure lol

Here is another Sano statue (Reg) being sold right here on the forum classifieds.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115981&highlight=sano

Might be the the same seller? It's going for the same price.

----------

Oh and Silent Surfer, you almost got my hopes up by posing that link for the 1/3 bust! I immediately clicked on the link and then noticed that it was sold out. Bummer.. So wanted that :monkey2

Same guy. It's cool, but not 2k cool. Sano will prolly make bigger versions in the future anyways.

I think he had mentioned doing a trade for an ss maquette, that'd be a fair trade in my opinion considering they were about the same price to begin with and the trade off is size vs accuracy...more or less...

But yeah 2k is a bit much

Back