New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That response was music to my er,, eyes...
So roswell's turn now...;)
No response yet, but they've always gotten back to me...

That's great news Demorathis!

@Alienhelm: Love the Sig man! Makes me love my Sano piece even more!

@Alienhelm: Love the Sig man! Makes me love my Sano piece even more!

Thanks playa7:rock ... appreciate the compliment. I love this statue, for the $$ it was well worth every penny. sad its my last statue / alien collectible for a very long time bec know a guy who wants to sell me his a full set of alien kenner toys :gah: and i grew up loving those toys. I would also love to get my hands on those new alien sideshow statues. I'm all for things alien ... :lol

Indeed my friend, but who know. Sano may throw a lifesize out later. Keep saving and happy collecting! :gah: :lol
:lol Screw the 1:1. I'd rather see him make a fullsize 1:3 maquette.

Dude, that cuts deep! I'm a massive Alien fan but there's no way I could afford this baby. :(

...and that's why it's a tragedy.
btw. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Classic case of 'be careful what you wish for' I think! That would be a $2.5k piece I'm sure.

I don't even wanna think about a life size :horror

I'd pay $2500 for a 1/3 maquette. To me that makes more sense than paying $1400 for a 1/5 maquette.
I would hope that they would go all out and put real chromed metal teeth in it for that price. CM did and theirs was a lot less than 2500.

I'd pay $2500 for a 1/3 maquette. To me that makes more sense than paying $1400 for a 1/5 maquette.
I would hope that they would go all out and put real chromed metal teeth in it for that price. CM did and theirs was a lot less than 2500.

would be great chromed teeth on a 1/3 sano maquette!:thud:

Ok CM was a lot less but the pose and the sculp wasn't really awesome...

I would not even pay for a $1000CM now that I've got the 1/5 alien statue from Mr Sano:rotfl

This piece is just freaking awesome:panic:

I paid 1600 for my cm. Worth every penny.

I know $1600 is a good price for the ALIEN CM and it's worth it,but from my point of view when you own the 1/5 ALIEN statue from Sano you don't really need much more...

It is just so accurat and has the same pose just like in Giger's museum we couldn't wish for better!!!

Now if Sano makes an another one bigger no problem I'm in:lol

I know $1600 is a good price for the ALIEN CM and it's worth it,but from my point of view when you own the 1/5 ALIEN statue from Sano you don't really need much more...

It is just so accurat and has the same pose just like in Giger's museum we couldn't wish for better!!!

Now if Sano makes an another one bigger no problem I'm in:lol

I can understand that some might only need/want 1 Alien piece and yes this would be the one to own if that is the case.(depending on how you view the Alien)
I on the other hand, am happy to own both and will probably own Sideshow's offering. They all have different qualities like the 5 suits used in the movie.
If you want to get picky, not even the Sano piece is 100% accurate. It doesn't have the shedding skin texture like Giger's suit. Yet, the CM does. The CM's dome and skull weren't done right, though. Some day I'd like to make a new (more accurate)dome and repaint the skull. Only problem is that I've never done any kind of casting let alone casting in clear resin.

I can understand that some might only need/want 1 Alien piece and yes this would be the one to own if that is the case.(depending on how you view the Alien)
I on the other hand, am happy to own both and will probably own Sideshow's offering. They all have different qualities like the 5 suits used in the movie.
If you want to get picky, not even the Sano piece is 100% accurate. It doesn't have the shedding skin texture like Giger's suit. Yet, the CM does. The CM's dome and skull weren't done right, though. Some day I'd like to make a new (more accurate)dome and repaint the skull. Only problem is that I've never done any kind of casting let alone casting in clear resin.

I can understand your point of view ; )

I know the Sano ALIEN is not 100% accurate but it is by far the best representation : )we are not going to argue on that!

On The alien maquette from SS I don't like the pose and I find that the head and the hands are too big...:dunno
except that it looks like it is a big piece and I aggree with you on that one,the suit looks nice:)

:hi5:

Well I'm sending my statue out back to Roswell for replacement...btw ... I am very very meticulous when it comes to my collectibles, but I noticed that the paint on the statue and the on the base (including the label) scratches very VERY easily - so be careful with your aliens...I could be mistaken, but seems they don't clear coat the statues like Sideshow or Gentle Giant does...or the coat is sparsely sprayed ... even the base scracthes very easily

If you accidentally graze a fingernail across a set of veins on the hand or across the ribbing, you may easily remove some paint...so be extra careful...

Last edited:
More comparison pics with a few other 79 aliens:

comparisonga.jpg

Back