New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to =(

but it's too beautiful =(

I guess I could always say, "did I mention the smashed leg?" =)

Anyway I'll update everyone when things start to roll...Fingers crossed Roswell will come through...;)

Last edited:
Boo HS. Shame on you for acting like this, with a high end collectable statue such as this.

Man, Demorathis I'd be furious as well! Hopefully Roswell will be more understanding, as it was a flaw created by them, before shipping him out to HS in the first place.

Good luck bro.

If you compare the newer (close up) promo pics to my Sp. Version, it looks pretty close, if not identical to those pics.

Does your's look way different?

Plenty of talented customizers here that could easily help you with those flaws in your statue, demorathis. :wink1:

Of that, i'm very sure, but i'll settle for stock until i'm ready for a mind blowing custom....maybe when i'm instructed to destroy one into tiny pieces, it can be miraculously rebuilt n repainted...:D

If you compare the newer (close up) promo pics to my Sp. Version, it looks pretty close, if not identical to those pics.

Does your's look way different?

Agreed the latest pics on HS etc look exact but on Roswell alien page by my eye the promo pics look much darker than mine. don't get me wrong the paint app on mine is great if not pure perfection. I do realize you cant compare photos to actual in hand pics as many different variables are present regarding the camera and light etc. was just wondering if anyone else noticed it, I do recall thx mentioning it ...

but again I aint complaining :rotfl was just wondering ...

K guys this is starting to bug me as i cannot stop thinking about it.

The statue now is it lighter in color than the promo or is it just me ?

302095-1.jpg

10168169a20.jpg

You're right The normal version is not as darck than the proto shown on the pictures of roswell.

They are a pretty much alike,just slightly differente!

Don't know which one is better I like them both!

Both are extremely nice!

Hope HS or RS can do something about my normal version:dunno

the photography is simply brighter in the background making the statue look really dark

Btw heres the response from h.s.

Dear Patrick Gealogo,

Thank you very much for your reply, and I must personally apologize for missing your mail with the description of the problems and for my lack of understanding.

After carefully examining the images and mails you had sent us so far, with a colleague very knowledgeable about these statues, he had lectured me that this was an obvious defect, especially the chest spur.

We are very sorry for the handling this as a minor defect.

As mentioned earlier, we had been in touch with Rosewell Japan and they had graciously offered to deal with your case. As we are only a retailer and not the manufacturer, we do not have the level of flexibility in repairing or replacing items as much as the product's actual manufacturer, so we have taken their kind offer for them to deal with you directly.

We apologize for our rudeness, and hope you are able to obtain the replacement from Roswell smoothly. ▶ Show quoted text

HobbySearch [email protected]

Mine:
Dear tomodachi,
Apology accepted.
Patrick

Well that's a more gracious response.

I'm still not sure why HS can't obtain a replacement through Roswell, but as long as your statue is replaced somehow I guess it doesn't really matter.

Keep us posted!

K guys this is starting to bug me as i cannot stop thinking about it.

The statue now is it lighter in color than the promo or is it just me ?

Could be that Roswell just upped the contrast on their pics to white out the background and add a bit of 'snap' to the images. If you do that then the difference isn't so great.

302095-1.jpg

10168169a20.jpg

Could be that Roswell just upped the contrast on their pics to white out the background and add a bit of 'snap' to the images. If you do that then the difference isn't so great.

302095-1.jpg

10168169a20.jpg

Gotcha :hi5: ... was hoping that was the case. mine does look a darker in hand than the photos but as you can imagine my thoughts ran away with me when I thinking and looking at all the pics about it at work and cant remember how the statue actual fairs up if you don't have it in hand. thanks robomorph :clap

demorathis ... nice response from HS. good to see they actual woke up and noticed their response on the situation.

the photography is simply brighter in the background making the statue look really dark

Btw heres the response from h.s.

Dear Patrick Gealogo,

Thank you very much for your reply, and I must personally apologize for missing your mail with the description of the problems and for my lack of understanding.

After carefully examining the images and mails you had sent us so far, with a colleague very knowledgeable about these statues, he had lectured me that this was an obvious defect, especially the chest spur.

We are very sorry for the handling this as a minor defect.

As mentioned earlier, we had been in touch with Rosewell Japan and they had graciously offered to deal with your case. As we are only a retailer and not the manufacturer, we do not have the level of flexibility in repairing or replacing items as much as the product's actual manufacturer, so we have taken their kind offer for them to deal with you directly.

We apologize for our rudeness, and hope you are able to obtain the replacement from Roswell smoothly. ▶ Show quoted text

HobbySearch [email protected]

Mine:
Dear tomodachi,
Apology accepted.
Patrick

Now that's more like it. :clap

This piece is an absolute work of art, and I heartily believe it puts the new Sideshow Big Chap to utter shame. Unfortunately, I will have to live with the fact that I will not own a Sano, and that the Sideshow version will be the figure to haunt my dreams. One more payment on him, and he's on the 30 day shipping list. One of my last few SS pieces for a long time, but I still admit this Sano is amazing...

To be a big ALIEN fan and miss this statue is a tragedy.

I agree, if I were as big of a Alien fan as I am with Predator, I would prolly be more willing to throw the cash out for it, but the SS Chap maquette will be plenty for me.

Back