New "ALIEN" kit from Hellpainter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's a very cool new kit coming from Hellpainter in Japan.

https://hellpainter.com/shop-gest-al.htm

The dome you see in the pics is a mock up. It will come with a clear dome.

hellpainterAlien.jpg

hellpainterAlien1.jpg

hellpainterAlien2.jpg

hellpainterAlien3.jpg

hellpainterAlien4.jpg

hellpainterAlien5.jpg

(this is translated from the Japanese text)

■ Height: 38 cm (14.5 inches)

■ Made resin unpainted specifications (transparent hood made of resin)

Only 50 will be in stock early February ■ 25,000 yen

Skull fully reproduced in the hood.

Moreover transparent hood vacuum (vinyl chloride) resin made so instead,
No awkward cut.

No reselling of garage kits made of resin is only 50 bodies.

I'm no Alien expert, but that looks 100X better than the Hot Toys version to me.

Definately...this is a much better sculpt than the Hot Toys version.
If Hot Toys had made this, only poseable, they would have had a huge hit with the fans.

A couple of inaccuracies of note on this particular piece...

The hands are wrong. The second thumb is missing.
The feet are wrong. Too flat footed.

It almost seems like this is base off of the stunt suit.

But, it's still a damn good looking sculpt.

Love it! T 14.5" tall is that a good match for the HT Alien? I'm thinking head swap...

So perfect. Nice detail. This is how the HT should have looked.

Thanks for sharing man!

Bri :)

Was loving this at first, but now I'm not so sure with the winglike shoulders. Really like the edition size, but who would I get to paint it up? Can someone translate the price to US funds for me? Also, where will this be available?

Maybe this is another figure that was "interpretive" of the original Alien, with flaws (I don't know enough details to pick up on them), but I definitely see the essence of the original Alien more in this than the HT version.

Was loving this at first, but now I'm not so sure with the winglike shoulders. Really like the edition size, but who would I get to paint it up? Can someone translate the price to US funds for me? Also, where will this be available?

I can see what you mean about the "wings", but the overall sculpt just feels right. The head is exceptional, it looks just like the prop.

It's better than the Medicom head too, not just the HT one. I wonder if it would be a good fit for that?

This piece is very expensive, too much so for my collection. But it is a very nice representation. As always, I wish I could have everything I wanted in my Alien collection.

I love it: 'Skull fully reproduced in the hood.' Is that straight outta Compton or Kyoto?
I'd love a crack at painting this bad boy up..

Back