NEW 52 Joker discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ictoys

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Greg Capullo's new 52 Joker (with the mask) but finding it hard to find people who did 1/6 figure. Why there isn't enough love? I think the face is psychotic and phenomenal, and I'm surprised I find so little people (and artist) attempting at it. I've only seen 1 or 2 pictures of people's attempt on this character. I myself is looking to build this Joker but need to find a good headsculpt to go with. Any recommendation or sculptor who's willing to take on the project?

saw that, it's a great attempt, but not quite nailed it just yet I think. no offense.

I completely agree but that's the best one out there unless you're willing to cough up dome money for the sculpt
actually I do consider that, hoping I don't have to go as high as eric sosa though :D this is more of a comic style, so it's different than those realistic actor like sculpts, any idea who to approach?

i have a WIP of the new 52 joker. I will have to change the hair and eyes. paint is not final just tested it lol. 051f7ae93d45fa0919165bd594d3b9362381958de30798047d05439d8a7c965d.jpg

yeah the joker it's either you love it or hate it. I happen to like it.

that's a great attempt hocaspocas - did you do it based on SS joker head? it's hard to capture the stretch texture of his mask huh. plus there are those wires as well, and his eyes, different eyeballs etc. can't wait to see your finished work.

yup! that's ss joker head sculpt. it's really hard to sculpt the stretched look but i think paint will do the trick. yup will add wires, change the hair, eyes etc. will post it here again once i'm finished thanks ICTOYS

actually I do consider that, hoping I don't have to go as high as eric sosa though :D this is more of a comic style, so it's different than those realistic actor like sculpts, any idea who to approach?

You could ask a sculptor to sculpt on top of the sideshow joker head and cast it.

You could ask a sculptor to sculpt on top of the sideshow joker head and cast it.
yeah that thought cross my mind too, I think the SS is a perfect base, but I know the mask is not an easy one to pull off

yeah that thought cross my mind too, I think the SS is a perfect base, but I know the mask is not an easy one to pull off
Yeah, you'll probably have to get it professionally sculpted and repainted. If you do make it in the end i'd love to get a re-cast!

Last edited:
1 6 Scale 12 034 Arkham Asylum Joker Head Sculpt for Custom Figure | eBay

Found this but the listing ended, don't know if you find it appealing.
not interested, I don't like the arkham game series interpretation of the characters, even batman himself. nolan version is ok, and now i'm starting to go back to the comic style (especially capullo's), though I'm looking forward to the affleck batman, since it seems the design is based on dark knight.

actually I found a 1/6 capullo joker sculpt and it looks pretty good, bought an unpainted to try and paint one myself. currently working with a sculptor to to get a custom sculpt done. will update here

not interested, I don't like the arkham game series interpretation of the characters, even batman himself. nolan version is ok, and now i'm starting to go back to the comic style (especially capullo's), though I'm looking forward to the affleck batman, since it seems the design is based on dark knight.

actually I found a 1/6 capullo joker sculpt and it looks pretty good, bought an unpainted to try and paint one myself. currently working with a sculptor to to get a custom sculpt done. will update here
If it's possible can you PM when you're done, i'd like to discuss recasting the piece

Back