New 1:6th Star Wars figure from Original Trology

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, he did predict a storm. :lol

Outfit doesn't look bad. Probably look better on a different body. Shoulders are too puffy.
And yeah, what's with the brown holster? Was it brown in the movie?

The plastic and cloth hats are nice options.

I wonder if we'll see something else in November. They did say there are lots of preorders.

Please. I wasn't implying that this line would be ending soon, just that there is no guarantee that SSC will be making Star Wars 12" figures a few years from now. That's not "insider information", it's just plain fact and logic. Now, like you guys, I would have to assume that this line will continue for a long, long time. But you're kidding yourselves if you think it's written in stone. So many more unexpected things have happened, especially when LFL is involved. So tone down the "it's okay, we'll get Vader in 2017" mantra just a tad.

Besides, it's been a while since I've had to bag on SSC about anything. So cut me some slack. :monkey3

(I DO have some insider info on this line and others, though, and I do know that there ARE some exciting announcements to come... this one is just clearly the opposite of that)

I have to agree with Irish on this one. The length of Sideshow's license is nowhere near set in stone.

My evidence for this?

Would you have believed it a year or two ago that Master Replicas would lose the license at the end of this year??

Is this supposed to be the 'TK421, Why aren't you at your post?' dude?

I believe it's supposed to be the officer from the opening scene that informs Vader that the Death Star plans were not on board and that an escape pod was launched with no lifeforms aboard.

I have to agree with Irish on this one. The length of Sideshow's license is nowhere near set in stone.

My evidence for this?

Would you have believed it a year or two ago that Master Replicas would lose the license at the end of this year??

I don't think you can compare SSC to MR; MR didn't offer SW items for less than $130 but for the mini replicas, they had a very high end customer base, which is why a lot of people around here refer to their pieces saying "I wish I could have gotten..."

I think the best comparison for Sideshow would be Hasbro, which sounds horrible to say, but I think Hasbro is the closest manufacturer in both product type and price range, GG is all statuesque pieces so that's why I don't use them. Granted Hasbro sells to children, but they also have a large adult collecting fanbase, and I think that type of adult collector is the kinda that would find great appeal in Sideshow's offering, and if collector's help sustain the Hasbro line for 12 years, I think business-wise, Sideshow can do well for years to come. The only thing I see cutting down the length of the Sideshow line is if a political disagreement arrises between Sideshow and LFL wherein Sideshow relinquishes the license, but all thing considered, I get a sense of SSC management being much more the kind that could maintain a strong relationship with LFL and I think LFL is enjoying the success of Sideshow enough to not want to lose it. I think MR had a good run for what it did, but they never struck me as a long lasting type of product, at least not without branching into items that were so expensive you wouldn't have a large customer base for, like full 1:1 Vader armor or Han in carbonite replicas.

I don't think you can compare SSC to MR; MR didn't offer SW items for less than $130 but for the mini replicas, they had a very high end customer base, which is why a lot of people around here refer to their pieces saying "I wish I could have gotten..."

I think the best comparison for Sideshow would be Hasbro, which sounds horrible to say, but I think Hasbro is the closest manufacturer in both product type and price range, GG is all statuesque pieces so that's why I don't use them. Granted Hasbro sells to children, but they also have a large adult collecting fanbase, and I think that type of adult collector is the kinda that would find great appeal in Sideshow's offering, and if collector's help sustain the Hasbro line for 12 years, I think business-wise, Sideshow can do well for years to come. The only thing I see cutting down the length of the Sideshow line is if a political disagreement arrises between Sideshow and LFL wherein Sideshow relinquishes the license, but all thing considered, I get a sense of SSC management being much more the kind that could maintain a strong relationship with LFL and I think LFL is enjoying the success of Sideshow enough to not want to lose it. I think MR had a good run for what it did, but they never struck me as a long lasting type of product, at least not without branching into items that were so expensive you wouldn't have a large customer base for, like full 1:1 Vader armor or Han in carbonite replicas.

All I'm saying is that both are companies that produce higher-end SW collectibles, were popular among fans, and were virtual shoe-ins to continue making SW products for a long time.

Basically, no business partnership is ultimately secure in this world, so it would be foolhardy to assume Sideshow will have their 1/6 line for any amount of time beyond the current agreement.

Why would people want that character?

I actually would since I could use him in Photoshop pictures with my Medicom Vader and Stormtrooper. But there's no way in hell that I'm paying $70+ after shipping!!!

Like I said in the other thread, it would have been nice if they released a Imperial Commander uniform accessory set instead

But seeing as how even this guy is $60 one wonders how expensive a uniform set would be

There is a hugely exciting announcement coming soon in this Militaries of Star Wars line. And you heard it here first...

Wilford Brimley's Hoth Commander!!

Get those fingers near the keyboards, kids! You'll definitely want to order at least TWO!!!

:monkey1

It's kinda cool that they would make a character who only appeared on screen for like five seconds,that means that all the characters who had real screen time will be guaranteed Commander Gree figure.

I really hope the next five figures that come out are:
1.Yoda
2.Commander Gree
3.Dooku
4.Stormtroopers(People would buy more than one of this one)
5.Vader

Never gonna happen

It's not a bad figure, just a little disappointing that it wasn't more of a mainstream character like say Tarkin. I don't know. Looks like it will be next years gift card purchase to me. I've already got Plo Koon, Trooper Brant and another Leia Boushh for free.

It's kinda cool that they would make a character who only appeared on screen for like five seconds,that means that all the characters who had real screen time will be guaranteed Commander Gree figure.

1.Yoda
2.Commander Gree
3.Dooku
5.Vader

Looks like a possible list for future Medicom figures, apart from the fact that they have already done 1, 4 and 5.

Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif
Head-Chop.gif

1.Yoda
2.Commander Gree
3.Dooku
5.Vader

Never gonna happen

^
How come you think that?

(Also the Medicom Luke looks like it is 6 inches tall when it is next to the SS Luke,but the Medicom Fetts are 12 inches tall,how come Medicom didn't make all there figures 12 inches?)

Back