New 1/6 scale hockey masks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i appreciate all the feedback. sorry i haven't replied sooner but i just didn't have anything to show until today. yesterday i finished painting a few 8s and i'd like to get your opinions on these.

these are vacuum formed clear plastic blanks just like they used in the movie. they're painted silver and then white on the inside so the silver shows through the scratches just like the movie mask does.

the prep work on these isn't that fun lol. drilling clean holes in this plastic took quite a bit of trial and error until i found something that worked pretty well.

i'm not sure what to do about the straps. i think for now i may not even offer completed straps. maybe i'll send the materials needed to make the strap with the mask. finding accurate hardware for them has been pretty difficult. i actually found most of the hardware for these 8s but i haven't been able to find the clips for the D rings. i did cut one from a soda can but that will take some practice to get right and to get them to look clean.

another problem with the straps is going to be the size. from what i can tell there are quite a few different head sculpts for each movie. some made by companies like sideshow but most being made by independent artists. i would hate to put a strap on and then it didn't fit the head it was going on. not sure what to do about that.

IMG_9828.jpg

here's a 7 i painted yesterday. it's made of .040" vacuum formed high impact styrene. masks this small are pretty tough to reshape but with a little more practice i'm sure i'll get it right.

those are pretty awesome

they look a hell of a lot better than the soft plastic ones that come with the newer neca figures, especially the part 3 one

Back