Netflix Sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone download the Netflix program for the PS3? It works much smoother than the disc ever did and so far **knocks on wood** I haven't had any "retrieving" messages since I switched :rock

Anyone download the Netflix program for the PS3? It works much smoother than the disc ever did and so far **knocks on wood** I haven't had any "retrieving" messages since I switched :rock

Meh. I did but I don't like the interface as much. I enjoyed using the up button instead of the back button.

i love the new intuitiveness of the recommendations on the PS3 downloaded software. it will take you through endless levels of "similar" movies.

I definitely like it better than the disc. Like you said it is much smoother.

my cost just went up $3. Still, $24 a month is a steal. I'm trying to figure out if I should quit directtv.

So, the CEO said they are now 'primarily a download service' so what I wanna know is this: why does their streaming options not reflect that fact?

I realize they just spent 115 million on rights, but come on.....I cant even watch Master of the Universe with Dolph Lungren for cryn out loud!!!!???!!

Last edited:
You know what would be a great Christmas gift from Netflix. Jingle All the Way on streaming. Then I won't have to wait for it to show on ABC Family anymore!

So, the CEO said they are now 'primarily a download service' so what I wanna know is this: why does their streaming options not reflect that fact?

I realize they just spent 115 million on rights, but come on.....I cant even watch Master of the Universe with Dolph Lungren for cryn out loud!!!!???!!

Netflix is doing you a favor there. :yess:

Regarding their hike in price, I went to the 2 DVD's at a time membership, I was at 3. I'm going to end up saving $60 a year now. Kind of backfired on them in my case.

I did the same thing when they raised the price of the Blu Ray membership...just cancelled it. If I want to see something on Blu then I'll just go to Hasting's and rent it. Besides, 1/2 the time I was waiting extra time for them to get a copy of it on Blu to send to me. Then you want to charge me more for something I have limited access to...um no.

IMO, raising the price of something at the end of this year is a pretty bad idea. I think they should have waited until the beginning of next year and let people get through Christmas. The economy isn't really going up...but prices still are!?!?!

Lord. Netflix revolutionized the movie rental industry! Remember those trips to the movie rental stores when you hoped they had what you wanted to see? Then you paid $4 to take it home for 2-3 nights? To say Netflix sucks because thier relatively new instant movie que is slightly lacking is retarded. Either that, or the words of a young kid who doesnt remember the "good old days". :cuckoo:

Actually, I worked in a movie rental store for two years from 1997 through 1999. So I well remember. Even rented movies prior to that :wink1:

Glad to see this thread is still alive, and that there are mixed reactions! Guess I wasn't as completely off base as some claimed.

Since my wife and I have gotten Netflix I have literally saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Not because I used to buy all my movies, but because my cure for boredom was to shop. Now I just sit back and watch TV. :lol

Back