Neil Sims "Revenge of the Cybermen" commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On order, thanks for posting the link Uriah. Neil looks to have really captured the profile. The jaw & bridge of the lose look amazing.

Alright, at long last we have some good news on the 1:6 Revenge of the Cybermen kits! I recieved this update from Neil this morning!

"Hi Rick
All done. Just making the moulds, the parts turned out great by the way, they will make a brilliant figure, sorry for the very long timescale.
Should have the first casted set soon.
Neil"

So that's awesome! This project has been a year and a half or so in the making so I figured you guys would enjoy the latest update. From here I'll update you as I get pics and details are worked out. Other wheels now start to get moving as well, like Billy sewing jumpsuits for those who need them. :)

Last edited:
The Cybermat is wonderful. It's absolutely perfect (I've actually held it!) and you guys will love it. (I visit Neil very frequently)

The Cybermat is wonderful. It's absolutely perfect (I've actually held it!) and you guys will love it. (I visit Neil very frequently)

How did he have time to do the Smith sculpt when we've been waiting so long for the Cyberman kit without any new pics even though it was originally supposed to have been finished months ago?

Perhaps next time you are round Neil's house you can take a camera so we can get some pics of the Cybermat as we've not seen it since the initial image.

I thought the other sculptor debacle was going to be a one off thing but this seems to indicate otherwise.

Last edited:
How did he have time to do the Smith sculpt when we've been waiting so long for the Cyberman kit without any new pics even though it was originally supposed to have been finished months ago?

Perhaps next time you are round Neil's house you can take a camera so we can get some pics of the Cybermat as we've not seen it since the initial image.

I thought the other sculptor debacle was going to be a one off thing but this seems to indicate otherwise.

I think he's getting rubber to cast these.

Like most of us, Neil probably jumps around between projects so as not to get burned out from a subject. This is a far cry from the CH fiasco.

I for one have no problem waiting. This is a hobby for most of us, not a full time job. Between work & other real life commitments, we do this in whatever time we have left.

Neil is A+. Glad you guys are seeing progress on your project. I am sure it will be well worth the wait. :)

I too think Neil is great to work with! I'm sure once we get them, they will be worth the wait!!

Like most of us, Neil probably jumps around between projects so as not to get burned out from a subject. This is a far cry from the CH fiasco.

I for one have no problem waiting. This is a hobby for most of us, not a full time job. Between work & other real life commitments, we do this in whatever time we have left.

I'm not one to break people's confidences, but Neil has had a very, very difficult time this year.

However Neil was absolutely adamant that he would finish the sculpting himself, and secondly that he wouldn't cut corners. It has been made a priority over other work he would normally do. It will be worth the wait, but I'll mention it to him next time I see him.

I'm not one to break people's confidences, but Neil has had a very, very difficult time this year.

However Neil was absolutely adamant that he would finish the sculpting himself, and secondly that he wouldn't cut corners. It has been made a priority over other work he would normally do. It will be worth the wait, but I'll mention it to him next time I see him.

If he's had a rough time personally then I apologise for my previous post, the other fiasco made me more than a bit suspicious at any sign of wrongdoing so I was perhaps jumping the gun.

At any rate I hope things work out OK on all fronts.

He who must not be named burned the trust of many.

That he did, which makes me so happy a lot of Who projects seem to be making traction now despite that (including a few things not announced yet). We'll see how 2010 treats the 1:6 scale Who fan. I think we're gonna do pretty well (fingers crossed). :)

Anyways, good news everybody! Got an E-mail from Neil and he says the first Cybermen castings are due out this week! :chew:chew:chew

Alright, the moment we have waited for is here. Today I received the first batch of pics (painted up no less) from Neil (via Telos)!

Cool! :banana

revengecyberman.jpg

revengecyberman2.jpg

revengecyberman4.jpg

revengecyberman3.jpg

The last update I had from Neil was on 03/23 when he sent me the first of the finished Cybermen commissions pics (two posts ago), which were some of the items but by no means all. Everything is supposed to have finished being sculpted for long while so I just need to see (all of) the final pics for approval.

I E-mailed 4/18, about two weeks ago, asking to see the other pics and for an end project ETA but as yet have had no response.

Neil is an amazingly talented guy but his communication is spotty. If the kit has been finished being sculpted for so long I don't get why we haven't seen pics not why he's starting other commissions (this is both after his personal probs of last year which is understandable). It sends bad signals to the people who invested in the commission. We just want the 4-1-1. Still, I'm sure Neil will come through so for the people E-mailing me worried, I'm sure it's still coming.
-Rick :)

What's the cost of the regular head, chest & back. I really love the Daleks & Cybermen. I NEED one.

Why wouldn't you want all the parts that at least make up one complete Cyberman, ya knucklehead? :angelsmil The basic kit should have the head, chest, back, pipes, knee/elbow covers and Cybermat. Just the necessities + the Cybermat cause I'm sure people will want one.

You KNOW I can't sell any till I see it's done. Quit trying to give me money!!!!! :)

Back