Neil Sims "Revenge of the Cybermen" commission thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year some fellow freaks and I hired sculptor Neil Sims to make us a 1:6 Cyberman kit. Originally, it was to be the INVASION version, but once Product Enterprise cancelled their "REVENGE" version they had planned, we quickly asked to change it to the "REVENGE" version instead.

Neil is heading towards completion now, so I wanted to give it its own thread
to show the progress updates as I get them.

The kit is the parts of the armor and some cool accessories:
Neil is sculpting:

The "REVENGE" helmet, chest/back unit, arm/leg tubing, elbow/knee covers.
an alternate damaged "Revenge" Cybermen helmet with rotted "zombie" head revealed inside, "Revenge" Cybermat, "Revenge" Cyberbomb, "Revenge" bomb detonator, and an "Invasion" rifle.

Billy B has agreed to sew the "Revenge" Cyber costumes for us to complete the figure, to be ordered separately from the kits.

revengecyberman.jpg

revengecyberman2.jpg

revengecyberman4.jpg

revengecyberman3.jpg

Once the kit is done I will update this thread with ordering info. I still gotta figure out how to divide the kit up into different sets that can be ordered. I don't want people to be getting wasted parts they don't need (because if the Cyberbomb detontators, which is big, came with every Cyberman, if people bought multiples they likely wouldn't need more than one), so right now I am thinking there will be: a Regular "Revenge" Cyberman set (with Cybermat and "Invasion" rifle), alternate damaged "Revenge" Cyberman set (same, but with the damaged helmet revealing rotted "zombie-like" head beneath instead. Bwa-ha-ha!), and then a "Revenge" Cyberman accessory kit with the Cyber Detonator and a couple of Cyber bombs. Thoughts?

-Rick :)

Last edited:
I remember this and im sure i put my name down but never heard anymore about it so naturally i thought it had fallen through, im so glad it hasnt....do i need to pay for anything yet by the way? lol :D

Interestingly i have met the man himself (Neil) hes a smashing guy, doesnt live that far away :)

I remember this and im sure i put my name down but never heard anymore about it so naturally i thought it had fallen through, im so glad it hasnt....do i need to pay for anything yet by the way? lol :D

Yeah, it's been awhile (laugh). Neil said up front it would take him awhile, so I just gave him his space. This was VERY big commission with all of the seperate parts he needed to make, not just a head, obviously, so I understood.

I took a different approach with this commission because other peoples commissions were taking so long, in that I didn't want to have a thread sitting there collecting dust once we had commissioned the Cyberman and paid for it because I knew it would take awhile. I had actually wanted only to show it once it was done so there wasn't that long of a wait, but I've been getting enough curious people sending PM's for updates about it and it seems close enough to being done I thought I probably ought to now. Plus it's nice Who-wise to have something to look forward to to go along with Barlows recent Pertwee revelation and BillyB's Colin. :)

I'm not collecting any payments on this till it's done and ready to be cast. No point since myself and a few others already ponied up the commission fee ourselves before hand so it's paid for. We'll take orders later on once it's ready to go. :banana:banana
-Rick :)

Recently picked up a couple of Niel's Doctor Who bust, good stuff all around. Can not wait for this commission to arrive.

The last time I wrote him for an update was July 31, and I'd been contacting him every two months previously as to not seem pushy since he stopped sending me regular updates (so it's time to contact him again soon). I was gonna wait a few more weeks till asking for an updated status again. He started off really good with just sending me status updates in the beginning, then he just stopped. I feel guilty continually having to ask, and don't want him to get resentful, but all I can do is inquire, right?

Since Mr Barlow announced he sent off his first batch of Pertwee heads today, I asked Neil for a Cyberman update anyways, even though I said I would wait a bit longer. I'll letcha know what he says when I get a response. :)
-Rick

Dont make me do Cybermen too Rick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No we want you to finish all those other sculpts you've teased us with first. I'm still drooling over that master. Just keep working on what your doing. Looking forward to seeing what you can do, I'm already impressed with what I've seen of them so far.

No we want you to finish all those other sculpts you've teased us with first. I'm still drooling over that master. Just keep working on what your doing. Looking forward to seeing what you can do, I'm already impressed with what I've seen of them so far.

Yeah, I'm making the Masters Frontier in Space leather "Ming" collared costume. WE need the Delgado head! I'm assuming that would be next, Russ? I meant the Second Doctor era stuff would come next AFTER Delgado :naughty

I will try to have the Master and another DR available in the next round. We shall see .

Yeah im hoping for The Master in the next release please :). Im thinking of just putting him in a nice black suit...hes evil enough to pull it off :D

That IS nice! Thanks for posting it, Uriah10!

Just to update on the "Revenge Cyberman" project, I last spoke with Neil on Oct 8th and he hadn't gotten any farther on it at that point due to an injury. He's been paid up front. Hopefully we'll hear something good from him soon!

Back