Statue Need your opinion on mt Green Goblin bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimStatelman

Freaked Out
Reaction score
SO long story short I took a risk and ordered a Green Goblin bust. He is my favorite villain but when he came his eyes were way off. They sent me a new one and how do the eyes look to you? Do you think it is acceptable for is it time to forget it exists and get a refund?

OLD:

NEW:

OLD:

NEW:

the paint job on the new one is much creepier. I like that it's darker around the mouth, teeth and eyes. The 2nd one has overall better shading creating a creepy contrast with his light eyes and light skin.

are you upset with the location of the iris/pupil? i believe he is supposed to have wacked out looking goo-goo eyes.

If you're upset with the location of his iris/pupil, you can EASILY repaint this and make it special.
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=77270

i would keep the 2nd one and re-do the iris/pupils in your desired location.

The eyes still seems wonky to me. Overall the paint and eye location is better but the eyes im just not sure about

His right eye looks like its looking straight a head while the other seems to be off looking left

I would return it, unless you plan on a repaint.

that eye is not supposed to be that "googly". SS screwed up a lot of these, even with the small edition size.

Jeez. what the hell is quality control doing these days.

To be honest my Lcs has a couple in his shop and they both have the wonky eye so my belief is they were going for a crazy look. But agree with the others, if that is your only concern then possibly have it straightened out by someone or yourself as I think it's a great sculpt overall.

Back