Need some opinions on SS Leia 12 inch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those figures that looks good in conjunction with other figures but isn't very nice on its own or with scrutinizing it too hard. Lots wrong with her. But I do like her next to Luke, Han and Ben on the shelf. Her size is the one thing that's accurate.

This is one of those figures that looks good in conjunction with other figures but isn't very nice on its own or with scrutinizing it too hard. Lots wrong with her. But I do like her next to Luke, Han and Ben on the shelf. Her size is the one thing that's accurate.

:lecture
That says it all, really. She makes a display look complete.

I guess a big question to ask is - do you want this version of Leia in your collection? Because we're not likely to get a redo.

I find the eyes problematic - the direction they're looking really limits the poses you can get out of her. Granted, they improve the few poses they match with. But you can't, for example, get a good looking pose of her pointing the stun blaster straight ahead, two-handed, like when she shot the Stormtroopers. A repaint could fix that, but you might not want to go to the trouble. And speaking of that pose, would it have killed them to give us a trigger hand?

The dress is bad and they could've easily improved it by using a simple, thin, cheap, stretchy, polyester that you can buy in any fabric store. That's what I've found works best for any clothing that needs to bunch or "hang" - like capes.

I do think the headsculpt is better than Boushh Leia's, though the buns are a little smaller than most people remember them.

Well I did get it and while it has flaws overall Im pretty impressed and I have to be completley honest that I'm not at all impressed with most SS Star war humans except literally Old Ben Kenobi, AOTC Obi Wan, SSDC Han and Luke heads. I had to touch up a couple black marks around the eye and cut off fraying threads. Also are the legs loose on your guys' because its quite loose on mine.

the buck is hidden and the proportions look good so i might as well save the 50 bucks to swap bodys. she doesn't need to assume many poses and the ones she does assume look pretty natural to me.

agreed that the hood is useless and the dress could have been way better. I wish i could have found her for 30 cause then id be pretty happy, too bad it was almost double.

In hand, she doesn't suffer from bobble-head syndrome. For some reason, it appears this way in the photos. Headsculpt-wise, my only gripe would be that the buns are indeed too small, which may feed the bobble-head look.

The dress material is pretty bad and unfortunately cheapy. Frays are going to be found regardless. I spent some time trimming the frays off, as much as possible. Also, the cut of the dress was too tight so that you can't add folds to it if you wanted to. Don't forget that the collar of the dress is separate from the dress. It's not attached, so it separate from the dress and look like it was ripped out by mistake.

But even with all the complaints, I still like this figure and am glad that I was able to pick her up for a good deal.

I had this Leia and although iconic I just didnt like it much. Here to hopes of Bespin or Endor Leia. Im gonna get a piece of art work to reperesent Ep IV Leia.

or let another company have a chance at it.

What does that mean? As far as I know there is nothing stopping Medicom from making it. Do you mean SSC should lease out just ANH Leia to a company like HT to make? I don't think thats a realistic possibility. Kind of a foolish comment there seeded from sceptisism and cynicism, but not out of reality.

Anyway, it would not meet current figure standards at $70 per figure, but I think its a good figure if you can find her for less than $40.

The sculpt is pretty good on this figure, to me what drops it down is the posed eye paint job and the behavior of the dress material, and with such a basic costume, it kinda hurts to have the fabrice be weak because it makes up most of the figure's look.

This morning I was in a toy convention and after seeing all the items for sale (and because of growing boredom) I decided to take a look at a lone still-boxed Leia sitting on a shelf. After opening the box flaps, I was surprised at how pretty the face was. So pretty it almost didnt matter if it had an accurate Carrie Fisher likeness or not. Maybe it's because I didn't have any high expectations that I was easily impressed.

Now I can't stop thinking about the figure. I may return tomorrow to buy it and what made it more tempting to me is that it's on 50% off! This poor figure isn't getting much attention because it's displayed right next to a lot of Hot Toys and Enterbay items. But I also figured to see some comments and pictures here before buying. Btw, is this the only ANH Leia thread here?

If you can find a deal (as someone else said, certainly if $35 or less) you should get it. You'll be happy you did, I'm glad to have her.

Although yes the eyes are a bit of a drag. Not NEARLY as bad as Padme though LOL.

Back