Need some help for lighting inside my glass display.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonwalker1982

Super Freak
Reaction score
Awhile ago i bought a glass displace/case for my collectables(especially the Mikes) but i notice when the living room gets a bit darker that you can't really see the glass display much, not as much as i want. So i want some lights in it.

Good thing i still have some of those Ikea Dioder lights, however...i wonder how you guys have attached lights inside your cases. I tried to make them stick to the wood with some black tape, and for a hour or so it was ok and then they let loose. I have a photo here, so you guys can see what i got now.I want a light for the Bad MJ and the Thriller MJ, so they are highlighted when the living room is dark.

I'm not much of a handyman, so that's why i'm asking whats the best way to do this.

5fq0r7.jpg

What happend to your dioder adhesive pads that came with your purchase? Depending on how well you do the wiring you can use clear tape to hide the cables.

If i remember correctly...the pads were glued to the lights, and at the time i had used them on a glass plank. When i eventually bought the glass case for the figures i thought it would be cool to use the dioders, but by pulling the lights off that glass plank, the pads also let loose.

They come in a individual plastic bag. You could call Ikea and see if they have any for sale from returns/exchanges. Iam sure your local big chain hardware store sells them as well.

I had to drill them in! I've seen ppl have lights the place at the edge-front of the Detolfs

Back