NEED RAIN! Big Wildfire threatening my hometown!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figuremasterles

Gonna need a bigger site!
Reaction score
Hey, I don't usually try to get some group karma love going, but I need some....my hometown does at any rate...Waycross, Georgia.

WAYCROSS WILDFIRE IN USA TODAY

We are having a HUGE wildfire outside of town (See the Weather Channel to see news on it...), to our immediate west, not unlike those that occur in California all the time...but this is new to us here in South Georgia...and it is creating enough smoke to cover Jacksonville Florida 70 miles south of us...

So, if anyone knows any Native American (or Chewbacca or bunny Rain Dances..NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO GET THE BEAT GOING! :chew :bunnydanc

And on a personal note, my Mom is in bad health, and on oxygen and whatnot, and I am worried seeing her have bad coughs and all, and myself, having burning eyes and all ALL DAY LONG...and I hope we aren't forced to evacuate in the next day or so.
This thing's serious. Really. My entire home town is in danger. They just said if the winds blow east tonight, we could all be in trouble here...

Please send some positive thoughts our way. We could use 'em!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: NEED RAIN!

Wow that sucks, I wish I could send you some rain but we get almost none here. I know how having a fire that close can be I have had many close calls when I was yonger.

If you think that you may have to evacuate prepare the best you can, you may not have a lot of time and every second can help get more things saved.

Wow, that's crazy. I hope everything goes well for you. I couldn't imagine what would happen if my house burned down. And it could happen though, we've been in a drought for a couple of years now and everything's dry.

Good Luck to you.

Wow, Les, that sounds really scary! I hope all the best for you and your mom. Please keep us updated if you can.

I will send good thoughts your way as well! Really hope everything works out and that some rain comes your way this evening. Please keep us updated.

Dangit Les, I know that's a scary and helpless feeling. We've finally been getting some rain this past week where I'm at, hopefully some of the storms will blow your way.
I remember just a year or two ago we were watching the wild fires ravage thousands of acres and many homes, probably because some idiot thru his glowing cig out the car window. I've seen many started that way. I wish people would think before they do that.
Anyways, be careful and stay prepared.

Sending good karma Les!!!

What a scary situation to be in, I truly hope all turns out well!!!

If you're scared now, wait till the power goes out, the phones, no communications to know what the hell is going on, no water pressure and there's smoke coming down the driveway. I never want to go through something like that again. You have to hand it to the firey's. They do a great job. We just had half the state burn last summer and it must be around the seventh year of drought we have had. We could all do with some rain. Whatever is going on, I hope the pendulum has reached it's peak and is heading back the other way.

Sending you a calm night and a calm week to follow, with spontaneous outbursts of rain. If what I mentioned above starts happening, get out while/if you are able. Take your mum somewhere safe before you get stranded with the throngs clogging the roads. Hope to hear better news from you soon Les.

I send you the lesser known banana-elephant rain dance. I hope everything turns out well for you

:elefant :banana :elefant :banana :elefant :banana

I wish I could send you some of the massive amounts of rain we've had up here in the last week. Streets are still flooded.

Anzik Hayes said:
I wish I could send you some of the massive amounts of rain we've had up here in the last week. Streets are still flooded.

I wish I could do the same.......Hang in there Les. Sending you some positive karma and the Chewie raindance.

:lightnin:chew :lightnin:chew :lightnin:chew :lightnin

I totally missed this thread. Les I hope things are looking better... (oops just checked my email and things are still bone dry in your parts)...

Hope your Mom is breathing better... Is leaving the area an option?

Karma... Karma... Karma...

First it starts with some (sith) :emperor

and then you add :lightnin

next thing you know you've got :ted

(a dancing teddy bear?... what the -----?)

Thinking good thought--- rain on the way (hopefully)-- be well.

LES!!!
drink lots a beer man and then piss that sucker out!!
a la Strange Brew eh?....

our meditating powers are behind you bro

DarthNeil said:
Karma... Karma... Karma...

I almost thought you were gonna break out in song there Mr. O'Dowd...

263463~Boy-George-Posters.jpg

occulum said:
LES!!!
drink lots a beer man and then piss that sucker out!!
a la Strange Brew eh?....

our meditating powers are behind you bro

:rotfl :lol
Thanks Occ! I needed that laugh! Strange Brew indeed! "He drank himself free!"
Thank all for your kind words and GOOD karma!

Well, things are still bad firewise around here. It's grown, but moved a bit south of us. Thank God the winds have shifted to east winds, ocean breezes, and the air here is clear. My mom needs that, as the smoke had irritated her throat to the point that it bled. She was spitting up blood from that. She is on blood thinners for her heart valve, so that doesn't help things.

Oh, and now...she needs a pacemaker! This week! I mean, what else can happen! So, this Tuesday, she goes under the knife again. She's scared, as are we, and it just won't let up around here.

I am spending all my spare time, not only helping her, but trying to catch up on all my paint work, (Too much to do to get it all, but might get all the Hudsons done...stay tuned you that ordered one...), and then I will be free all week to help Ma out.

SO...it ain't dull at the Figuremaster's this week!
All work, and worries!

But, don't let that good karma sending stop! I think I owe all you senders a thanks for this very needed east wind. It sort of came out of nowhere....what's a fella to think... Thanks guys!

More news on the local wildfire:
WAYCROSS WILDFIRES CONTINUE

Back