Need ideas/help with my Star Wars display room!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaperkem

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I´m Leo and I´m in need for some ideas for my collection room, I have some shelves, but the problem is in the centre, I´ll post pics so everyone can take a look at what I´m referring to, any help and thoughts will be very much appreciated!!!:wave

photo0440.jpg

photo0441.jpg

photo0442.jpg

photo0444.jpg

Attachments

• photo0440.jpg
    photo0440.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 488
  • photo0441.jpg
    photo0441.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 552
  • photo0442.jpg
    photo0442.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 457
  • photo0444.jpg
    photo0444.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 468
Everything in the middle is garbage! Send it to me and I'll throw it out for you. ;)
Depends what you want to display in the middle. The Kallax shelves at Ikea are a good idea. They allow you to place some 1/6 figures inside with access from both sides and then you can place larger items on top.

I´ll look them up!!! I want to display a bit of everything in the middle: ships, NIB figures, non-NIB, souvenirs, etc.

Get that Luke Bespin out of the cabinet and into the ceiling! Then boom one possibly two more shelves out of doing that. It really looks spectacular on the ceiling and as for dust on it? Well its free battle damage haha.

I thought you still have plentiful of room in your display cabinet. You should stuff more things in.

Might be a bit squizzy but it will look good.

I too am planning my display room now.:D

Start by storing the Hasbro crap... Personally, I think most modern carded figures are ugly. Stick with your premium items.

I just drew this up real quick, but here is what I would do with the center of your room, get a custom table made with a plexiglass top, you can add some drawers to the side for storage, if you make the drawers tall enough you can put in all your carded Hasbro Action figures.. Then you can use the top for a cool display area.

Table01.jpg

Hello everyone, I´m Leo and I´m in need for some ideas for my collection room,

You should start by asking a mod to move this thread into the "how to display your collectibles" sub-forum where it will hopefully receive more attention. Here's a link to that sub-forum: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?55-How-to-display-your-collectibles

Now with recommendations, first is to lift those glass cabinets off the floor. You will never see anything in the bottom shelves if they are at floor level, so if you want to avoid wasting that space, get them UP. Below them you can put another extension unit from IKEA or a different IKEA cabinet if your ceiling height won't allow for an extension - with solid doors for storage. That will also give you the room to put some stuff away out of sight as needed.

If you give some additional information about which cabinet brand/models you're using I'm sure there may be some other specific tips. If they're unknown brands, then provide their measurements if you can.

Also, you should consult the forum I listed above where you can see some very nice examples of what other people are going in their spaces - aThe "show your shelves" parent forum to that one as well.

Back