Need Help: Will speakers knockdown my collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GE 7

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I am planning my custom display and I was planning to have it in my entertainment room where I have a 60" screen and a 7.1 surround system.

The room is 20ft. by 23ft. and my plan is to have the whole room covered with shelves except the wall where I will put my screen, two front tower speakers and the center speaker, the side and back speakers will be mounted on the cabinet on a piece of wood so it will be popping out of the cabinet.

I am worried that this kind of setup will make my small figures fall with any sound wave from my speakers or subwoofer, should I be worried about this or is the sound waves effect minimal?

I saw some great collections displayed on the same kind of setup I am planning for but the collections were mostly 1/4 statues and I don't recall seeing any smaller 1/12 scale figures "WWE Mattel's or Figma's" displayed.

Appreciate your help if you had any experience with such setup.

Unless you have some truly massive speakers pushing a lot of air (and I mean enough so you will be deaf in 5 years), you should be fine. Just don't stand them right in front of the cones.

I'm running a 7.2 Miller Kreisel system with two mx350 thx subs. My rooms pretty similar in size and Ive no issues and I watch loud! It did however used to rattle detolf glass and besta glass but ive long since got rid of them.as long as the statues arnt on top of the speakers you'll be fine

Unless you have some truly massive speakers pushing a lot of air (and I mean enough so you will be deaf in 5 years), you should be fine. Just don't stand them right in front of the cones.

I'm running a 7.2 Miller Kreisel system with two mx350 thx subs. My rooms pretty similar in size and Ive no issues and I watch loud! It did however used to rattle detolf glass and besta glass but ive long since got rid of them.as long as the statues arnt on top of the speakers you'll be fine

Thanks guys! I was really worried and I was thinking about holding the project and change the plan to have my collection in a separate room in the 2nd floor.

I will keep you updated.

Haha...my Detolf is on top of my sub and everything is fine.

Haha...my Detolf is on top of my sub and everything is fine.

LOL That's a crazy setup :rotfl
It's definitely a small subwoofer

Unless you have a real heavy bass setup I don't think there will be any problem.

Nah, it's just a set of Jamo speakers with a 10" sub, nothing crazy.
Jamo-S608-HCS3.jpg

Back