NEED HELP!! Just bought a PS3 and have questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if you're going to the Playstation site, you still need to get online, right?

I've heard that some Blu-ray DVDs won't play right without the latest software updates, so make sure you get connected!

Thanks Darklord. Hopefully it will be pretty easy to figure out. Along with not coming with any cords, controller, etc...it also does not have the instructions. Normally you can print those out though from the website, so I still need to check into that. All this is kinda a hassle...but when I saw the price, my impulse buying habits took over.

Once you figure things out and make the additional purchases of the cord and controller things get to be more fun. I also have the 20 GB model and now that they aren't all backwards compatible, it's kind of nice to have one that is.

Definitely get it updated ASAP over the internet and your Blu-ray experience should be trouble free.

Thanks everyone for all the advice/tips/suggestions. This board really f'n rocks! Over and over again I am shown how truly awesome this community is. :) Can't wait to start playing this!! :rock :rock

Jen, once you are hooked up online, you'll have access to the Playstation Store, where you can download free demos, wallpaper, trailers for new movies, games, and Blu-ray movies...plus buy games too if you want. I have been buying alot of new songs for Rock Band myself.

Updating your firmware is pretty easy too, just check for system updates and the PS3 will find it for you. If you go to www.Blu-Ray.com they usually have updates on when new firmware is out or coming out. Plus ALOT more. The forums there are informative as well. Not to mention a few of us are board members there. :D

P.S. What the heck is in your avatar? :horror

Jen, once you are hooked up online, you'll have access to the Playstation Store, where you can download free demos, wallpaper, trailers for new movies, games, and Blu-ray movies...plus buy games too if you want. I have been buying alot of new songs for Rock Band myself.

Updating your firmware is pretty easy too, just check for system updates and the PS3 will find it for you. If you go to www.Blu-Ray.com they usually have updates on when new firmware is out or coming out. Plus ALOT more. The forums there are informative as well. Not to mention a few of us are board members there. :D

P.S. What the heck is in your avatar? :horror

Thanks Agent 23! :) I hope it's easier than updating my HD-DVD player, I'm still having problems with that one. :lol My avatar is this creature you have to fight in RE4. He has his eyes sewn shut and blades for hands. Really creepy character and probably the one bad guy in the game I had the most trouble killing. :lol

Thanks Darkdaysinvegas! :rock That Unreal Tournament looks hella cool. I was also watching the trailer for Blacksite Area 51 which isn't out yet, but also looks like it will be kick ass! :rock :rock I haven't even gotten my PS3 yet and I'm already excited to play all these games. Only about 1 more week and it should be here! :rock :rock

Thanks Agent 23! :) I hope it's easier than updating my HD-DVD player, I'm still having problems with that one. :lol

Don't feel bad. :lol I had a hell of a time getting my Toshiba A-20 updated. I tried like 20 different things and couldn't get it online. Come to find out, that happens alot....

I waited for the firmware update disc from Toshiba themselves, now its able to get online no problem.

Don't feel bad. :lol I had a hell of a time getting my Toshiba A-20 updated. I tried like 20 different things and couldn't get it online. Come to find out, that happens alot....

I waited for the firmware update disc from Toshiba themselves, now its able to get online no problem.
I've got the Toshiba A-3 and will probably order the disc as well. :) Glad to know that I'm not the only one who couldn't get it to work...I was beginning to think that I was a complete dork...normally I'm pretty good at getting things to run properly. :lol

yea, like I said the Toshiba rep told me its common. I got so aggravated over it thou (trying to get it online).

Call them up, and they'll hook you up. No cost, free shipping. Takes a couple weeks...

I thought this was a SONY thread. :eek: :lol

Well I just downloaded the update from their website, burned it on a disc and I am currently updating my player. Turned out to be rather easy! :rock :rock

Even if you're going to the Playstation site, you still need to get online, right?

I've heard that some Blu-ray DVDs won't play right without the latest software updates, so make sure you get connected!

I haven't had any issues with any BR movies on my 20GB system that I got off eBay.

Jen, when are you going to get Hellboy in BR :D

I haven't had any issues with any BR movies on my 20GB system that I got off eBay.

Jen, when are you going to get Hellboy in BR :D

I should have my PS3 Monday or Tuesday....I will definitely be ordering Hellboy! I'm not upgrading a lot of my movies (can't really afford it and my HD DVD player is also an upconverter which works fine enough for me for now) but this movie I will definitely get on Blu-ray. Probably will order it after the holidays. The other movies I have that will definitely be upgraded are King Kong and LOTR whenever they put one out. :)

Back