need help!!! Is this Exc IM Comiquette fake???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fake to me.
The red is off and the blue on the base is really sloppy.
Also, Sideshow used brass pegs for the heads.

I would return this item as fast as possible.

Fake head

Starkheadfake.jpg

Real head

starkheadreal.jpg

The other problems with yours:

Red is TOO red - The real one isn't a 'hot rod' red, it's a more subtle shade
Gold is TOO gold - the gold is even more obvious, the gold on the original is almost a champagne gold.
Maybe a bit too much gloss?

292.jpg

starkcolor.jpg

Thanks for the post of the two-head comparison ComputerFly. I never realized the difference in quality between the two was that far off. It's good to know that the fakes aren't THAT close to the original.

Fake one looks like he just ate a turd (Big Caca.)

Fake one looks like he just ate a turd (Big Caca.)

And as we all know, HULK NO LIKE CACA!!!!!

Hey Shai, reading Planet Hulk HC edition as we speak. Just finished the issue where Silver Savage is revealed as Green Scar's next opponent. Finally, I'm beginning to understand the awesomeness that is.....Planet Hulk.

Hey Shai, reading Planet Hulk HC edition as we speak. Just finished the issue where Silver Savage is revealed as Green Scar's next opponent. Finally, I'm beginning to understand the awesomeness that is.....Planet Hulk.

:lecture:clap :duff

This is scary. I had no idea there was a problem with Marvel fakes running around (I'm still fairly new to collecting). I plan on getting this piece eventually (haven't started with Marvel yet, working on Star Wars and LOTR), my only option now is really eBay, unless someone from this board ends up selling theirs. I wouldn't worry about getting a fake from a reputable board member, but with eBay, wouldn't be so sure. Ouch!

Fake for me!
The color is not the correct
The head is very easy to see that it is a fake.
The box is also a good copy
But for me it is clear it is a fake

Sorry my friend:peace

Just a question, if this turns out to be a fake, how difficult do you guys think it would be to get a refund on this especially if this was bought from ebay? I mean if I'm not a hardcore collector and I look at the pictures, I wouldn't think it's a fake because it is such a darn good fake. I mean even the seller might not realized that he was selling a fake.

110% it's fake. several other areas like the foot peg should be square hole...not round hole...also the head peg color is wrong...his left arm is wrong position.

I hope you're able to return that fake one. Email the seller. Also, dispute it with paypal/eBay ASAP. If the buyer stated SOLD AS IS, then you might out of luck.

Another example that the statue doesn't have to come from Asia to be fake. These fakes are all located in Europe and USA already.

Back