Need help choosing the name for a collectable store please !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyhunter

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi fellow collectors,

I am very close to realizing a long time dream of mine.. starting a collectable store. Planning to go ahead by mid August. In the process of finalizing a name and confused between 2 names. Would greatly appreciate your help and want to know what strikes a chord with my fellow collectors.

1) Figure Genie (the reasoning behind this is to be a wish granting entity that brings a collector closer to his dreams - in this case, collectables)

2) Figure Junkie (collection becomes an addiction to most of us over time and a hard one that we all never want to break off. Also the name has a rougher, more serious "I-mean-business" kinda tone to it. But worried if the term Junkie might carry a negative association to it.)

Which one would you guys choose if it was your store? Please post your vote on the poll above. Feel free to let me know below what was your line of reasoning.

Many thanks in advance for the help. :)

Cheers !!!

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. I am eagerly waiting to see more comments come in. Please do mark your vote if it is ok. So that I get a fair count of people who are up for Figure Genie and people who opt for Figure Junkie. :)

I like Figure Junkie.
Dictionary definition of Junkie: noun, Informal:
1. a drug addict, especially one addicted to heroin.
2. a person with an insatiable craving for something, example: a chocolate junkie.
3. an enthusiastic follower; fan; devotee, example: a baseball junkie.

Although Junkie can have a negative association to it as in definition #1, I believe most adults will understand it is being used as in the 2nd and 3rd definitions which is a common connotation of the word.

Thank for the inputs CollectorCol, Outlander and Knotty Nair. :)

@KnottyNair: Toyhunter.com was already taken. Plus saw something of a similiar name on the net. Did not want to feel like I was being lazy in selecting the name. :D

What about Toy Junkie?

Just seems to sound a bit better and roll out of the mouth more smoothly than either of the other two.

Quick word of advice, Google will be your best friend in gaining revenue and bringing people to your site. As your just starting out you need something that will show up when people are searching for what they want.

My two cents is Action Figure Junkies. It has in the title what your going to sell. Will really boost your presence on Google.

Back