Need advice on console storage/display solution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canuck_spartan

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I've got about 15 game consoles (vintage and modern), everything from Atari 2600 to PS3. I've just purchased my first home and finally have a small office/games room space to display and play all of my consoles. I'd love to have something similar to this...
ultimate_game_room.jpg

However, I've always hated having open shelving/cabinetry as consoles get dusty etc. I know I can run vintage consoles in sealed glass walled display cabinets as they don't require air circulation for cooling, etc. How can I accommodate this with modern consoles? I don't want my 360 to melt, and I guess it would be easy enough to open a glass cupboard door when running a console but haven't seen anything with the right mix of depth, shelving height, etc.

Which version of the Xbox 360 do you have? Unless it's one of the old versions, I wouldn't worry about it. It would be best to have it standing vertical but having a door over the front really shouldn't be an issue.

Requesting bigger & more pictures of your collection!

Where's all the controllers?

That's not my collection jut an inspiration pic haha. I would happily take photos but just moved in and haven't unloaded my games. That and I have no cabinetry hence the post

Hmmm well you don't like open shelving so not sure but the way I plan on doing mine is top to bottom shelves.

[NES]Console->games[SNES]console->games....Wii-U
[Master System] ....[Dreamcast]
[PSX]..... [PS3]
[XBOX] ....[360]

Still not sure how I'll do my PC-E and Neo Geo.

Back