Need Advice: How to re-apply the base "plate" of a Marvel PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
Basically, on the bottom of one of my Marvel PFs, there's a small area where the base is coming unglued. (The black, plastic "plate" that contains the statue's name, edition size, etc., etc.) It's a very small area and it's not noticeable when displayed, but it annoys me to know that it's there.

Can it just be re-glued? If so, is there a particular "PF-friendly" glue I should use? Or is there another method that you would recommend?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mods: Feel free to move this thread as you see fit. I didn't know where I should start it.

It's coming abit loose on one of my PFs too.
Not noticeable, but it's there.

I think super glue would work, but I didn't want to just throw something under there. If it was a break, I'd just sell it. But a plate....I can handle that. :lol

I think it maybe from the cold weather. It had been in storage for a while, and when I got a hold of it, there it was.

Last edited:
It's not the whole plate. Just maybe about an inch or two of space that came unglued.

I think super glue would work, but I didn't want to just throw something under there. If it was a break, I'd just sell it. But a plate....I can handle that. :lol

I think it maybe from the cold weather. I had it in storage for a while, and when I took it out, there it was. :huh

Possibly.
The weather changes heaps down here. One day it's 35, the next it's 20.

It's not the whole plate. Just maybe about an inch or two of space that came unglued.

With my one, it's just at the front of the base.

"PF Friendly glue" LOL < :lol

geez man, it's the freakin base, pick A glue and use it. man some people... :lol

Well it may be PF freindly glue is a bit silly but paint friendly glue is not. Make sure whatever u get wont cause the paint on the base or surrouding areas to discolor.

Well it may be PF freindly glue is a bit silly but paint friendly glue is not. Make sure whatever u get wont cause the paint on the base or surrouding areas to discolor.

MattFromGeekStuf sees my point. Not all glues will adhere properly or have the potential to produce harmful effects. Some may or may not be compatible.

"PF Friendly glue" LOL < :lol

geez man, it's the freakin base, pick A glue and use it. man some people... :lol

So it's not as simple as picking a glue. Then again, comments like these are to be expected. :huh

I don't think it really matters what you use as long as it holds and doesn't eat through the bottom.

I read earlier about someone who applied super-glue to the felt bottom on one of there SS Predator pieces and it indeed "ate" right though. I got some helpful tips from a few board members who experience the same thing, so I'll give that a try.

Sorry about the base bottom, which PF is it if u don't mind me asking, just saw your Spidey 1:1 in your gallery, looks frakkin awesome! :rock

Sorry about the base bottom, which PF is it if u don't mind me asking, just saw your Spidey 1:1 in your gallery, looks frakkin awesome! :rock

It's on the Hulk. I think I'll leave well enough alone though unless it gets worse. I read on another board that this happened to some of the Hulk PFs. (Actually it was another member here who told me the same thing happened to him.)

pics of what you're talking about? I'm curious.

Funny you asked this today. I have the same issue on both of my hulk bases.

What I am thinking of doing is using a hot gun glue for plastics. I want to get a compound in the glue that when it applies it will adhere the plastic black base cover to the base, but not eat through it. I may also try the all purpose stick on a small area and see how that goes first.

And for you wienies out there thinking this is a funny thread to start, get a life. The person wants some help on getting this piece to look like new, and knows the wrong compound will could eat through it, or not give a smooth finish. If you want to help out do so. If not move to another thread.

This collector is obviously one who takes pride in keeping their collectables pristine and mint.

Funny you asked this today. I have the same issue on both of my hulk bases.

What I am thinking of doing is using a hot gun glue for plastics. I want to get a compound in the glue that when it applies it will adhere the plastic black base cover to the base, but not eat through it. I may also try the all purpose stick on a small area and see how that goes first.

And for you wienies out there thinking this is a funny thread to start, get a life. The person wants some help on getting this piece to look like new, and knows the wrong compound will could eat through it, or not give a smooth finish. If you want to help out do so. If not move to another thread.

This collector is obviously one who takes pride in keeping their collectables pristine and mint.

Thanks for the support. :rock :rock :rock

In terms of the Hulk, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose experienced this. :banghead It seems like it was a VERY common problem. I'm going to leave well enough alone for now. But definitely let me know how this turns out.

The base on mine is just ever so slightly coming undone. You don't notice it, but since I know it's there it bothers me. I contacted Sideshow to get their advice as well, so we'll see if that sheds any light on the matter. I'll post their reply if they add anything of use.

Back