Need a little advice on a 1/6 custom stargate anubis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Army

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So I need some advice I'm looking at doing a stargate Anubis custom I'm getting a TrueType 21 for the body. Now my question for the masses is I'm looking at a Anubis resin model kit on ebay, the kit says 1/6 scale but I'm also seeing other auctions of what appears to be the same kit but saying 1/5 scale. Now I know 1/6 is 12" and 1/5 is 14", so my question is are the figures the same in build just different in height? I'm only looking to use the armor pieces from Anubis, can this work or will the overall figure look out of proportion with the armor. Any help would be appreciated

Chris

The original kits could be true 1:6 but recasts that are mostly from Thai eBay sellers are surely 1:7 or lesser scale because the resin always shrinks from the recast molds. I'm a garage kit vinyl and resin modeler since the 90's but the kits I buy are all recasts -- when I display my built "1:6" models next to my Hot Toys figures, I could really see how small and shrunken the models are. Last year, I was about to buy a Stargate Ra figure but I remembered the reduced scale.

Back