Need a hand, display not coming together like I wanted (1:10, 1:12)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justcrash

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, in November I decided to really throw myself all the way in to the toy collecting world, after having dabbled in it my entire life.

Along with all of my toy acquisitions, I also purchased 5 detolfs and a Besta TV stand. One of the detolfs is upstairs with my Hot Toys and the remaining 4 plus the TV stand is downstairs in my gaming area. I put everything together and installed all of the reflective backing and lit it all up pretty....

Buuuuuuut it is not at all looking like I planned. In my head I set up mini-battles (did a lot of army building on my SW figures) and everything was neatly displayed on the countless Bandai stands I bought and jewelry risers.

Except, everything is turning out to be a cluttered, busy mess. If I want to display them how I envision them, its maybe 5-7 figures TOPS before it gets really busy. If I did that, the majority of my collection won't see the light of day.

Can anyone offer me any advice or maybe give me something I'm over looking? It would be greatly appreciated.

I don't own any detolfs but I believe the shelves are 15" wide or so. That is only wide enough to make "battle" displays (depending on the pose) of three to four 1/10th scale figures imo.

For larger battle scenes you would probably need wider built in shelves or floating wall shelves. I have my figures sitting on floating wall shelves in my man cave. You can check out the pics in the Vector Cave thread over in Show Your Shelves.

For reference, my NECA Terminator figures are sitting on a 36" Wide x 5" Deep floating wall shelf.

Hope this helps.

I don't own any detolfs but I believe the shelves are 15" wide or so. That is only wide enough to make "battle" displays (depending on the pose) of three to four 1/10th scale figures imo.

For larger battle scenes you would probably need wider built in shelves or floating wall shelves. I have my figures sitting on floating wall shelves in my man cave. You can check out the pics in the Vector Cave thread over in Show Your Shelves.

For reference, my NECA Terminator figures are sitting on a 36" Wide x 5" Deep floating wall shelf.

Hope this helps.

Your stuff looks great! I hear you on the 1:10 stuff, especially! I only want to display those. I was hoping to do smaller battle scenes with the 1:12 figures. Did a Star Wars Prequel one yesterday that looks ok-ish. I'll know more as I progress and get stuff up.

Back