Need a crash course on BESTA...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from IKEA. Got the Besta but they didn't have any doors. They said they would be getting more later in the week. They also told me that in April they will make the bigger doors with regular un-frosted glass framed in the different finishes.

I went ape_____ trying to get those lined up and they're still not perfect, but they look good enough. :eek:

I think the square ones really look nice which is why I went that route. It also makes it look quite a bit difference than what a normal curio cabinet looks like (lots of shelves with two long doors).

Same here. Mine aren't perfect but they are close enough it is hard to tell.

Just got back from IKEA. Got the Besta but they didn't have any doors. They said they would be getting more later in the week. They also told me that in April they will make the bigger doors with regular un-frosted glass framed in the different finishes.

That is good to know. Thanks.

Thanks for the news Rizzo. I may hold out for those doors then.

What kind of lights are you guys planning to get? I'm considering the Dioder lights.

Thanks for the news Rizzo. I may hold out for those doors then.

What kind of lights are you guys planning to get? I'm considering the Dioder lights.

I picked up the Dioder. I haven't built the thing yet, but those look the best from what I've seen. I think I'll pick up some of those 3M power cord hiders so the cords aren't just hanging around.

I picked up the Dioder. I haven't built the thing yet, but those look the best from what I've seen. I think I'll pick up some of those 3M power cord hiders so the cords aren't just hanging around.

Awesome, you'll have to let us know how you like them once you've got it assembled.

The Hulk does fit behind the glass doors and I didn't have to cut the back out. The Thing PF however will not fit with the glass doors on unless you cut the back. You can see it pretty well here.

DSC02347.jpg

you can see it pretty well here.

What IKEA location did you go to, I plan on going this summer in Chicago?

What IKEA location did you go to, I plan on going this summer in Chicago?

Conshohocken, PA...by Philly. I don't think I'll wait for the new style of doors and just bite the bullet with the square ones.

Back