Need a costume for Halloween - fast? Cosplaysky.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
This would probably seem like spam from anyone else and I still can't believe it. I have nothing to do with this website and this is based on just one experience - so your mileage may vary.

I decided to do Mad-Eye Moody for Halloween and put together a lot of the costume - except for the vest and coat. Searching around the web for reference photos I stumbled upon this website:

https://cosplaysky.com/

They just happened to have the vest and coat as a set for sale - custom made to you. I emailed and asked if they could get it to me by Halloween and they said that probably, but should pay for rush shipping to make sure. So I paid the extra $25 for rush order. When I first ordered I didn't realize they were in China, but they responded to email within a day and with decent English. So I figured I'd risk it.

I ordered on Wednesday night, and paid for rush on Friday. On Monday I got a shipping notice and the next Wednesday (today) the costume arrived!

Based just on height, weight and chest size they made it custom for me essentially over the weekend. And it's really, really good - perhaps I'd want fancier buckles and who's to say it will stand the test of time - but it looks fantastic.

They are aimed more at the international market - a lot of anime and video game costumes and the only Harry Potter they have are Moody and Tonks. But I had to share because the whole experience blew me away.

I have no investment in this company, but I thought others might appreciate knowing about it.

OMG: Captain Jack Harkness coat! :eek

I'd thank you, but there's no way I'm gonna risk looking like a kiss-ass.

Not bad. Not a lot but what they do have looks quality. I'll have to keep them in mind.

Not bad. Not a lot but what they do have looks quality. I'll have to keep them in mind.

As I said the hardware's not as fancy as a it could be, but I really liked that the faux leather coat is of really light material, but it has a lining and is very screen accurate to this undiscerning eye.

Wow. I replaced Kohls with that place a long time ago for my whole wardrobe. Currently wearing the airwolf costume while typing this at work.

Back