NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due in September.

67164520_2517608611634842_6773115171834429440_o.jpg

67701765_2517608684968168_4652190858563551232_o.jpg

67735739_2517608658301504_5328508062900682752_o.jpg

67402144_2517608754968161_2205049163387764736_o.jpg

crap, they seem to be resuing the same legs as the 2018 myers, hopefully these wont have that weird stance issue

crap, they seem to be resuing the same legs as the 2018 myers, hopefully these wont have that weird stance issue

Hahaha, the whole ****ing thing is the same. The legs, the arms, the hands, the boots and most of the torso, with the exception of the collar, chest pockets and some bullet holes, but those changes are minimal. At least the old one had some dry-brushing on top. This one has just a lazy wash. It looks like **** if you ask me.

I feel like some people have high end 1/6 expectations from a $20 figure from a company that has to recycle parts to make a profit and release more new figures. NECA can only do so much with Myers so it’s no surprise to recycle a lot from the 2018 Myers. Ignoring the recycle, the overall figure looks nice and certainly is a vast improvement over their ‘78 figure and I can’t wait to add it to my collection.

I feel like some people have high end 1/6 expectations from a $20 figure from a company that has to recycle parts to make a profit and release more new figures. NECA can only do so much with Myers so it’s no surprise to recycle a lot from the 2018 Myers. Ignoring the recycle, the overall figure looks nice and certainly is a vast improvement over their ‘78 figure and I can’t wait to add it to my collection.

I'm glad you like it. I encourage you to buy multiple and show Neca your unconditional support. I don't understand why you keep saying $20 figure. It's almost $30 in the US and about $40 in Europe. I'm not ready to spend that kind of money on junk 'cause that's exactly what it is.

While it could certainly use improvements in my case I would like a less shiny body and better wash and more detail on his jump suit to make it look like what it’s supposed to be I would never call it junk even at $30 which is what they cost now.

I have a price line I wouldn’t cross with all companies and for NECA that’s $35 for a single standard size 7” figure.

Once they hit $35 i’m done with them.

It’s coming probably 2020-2021 but $35-$40 NECA’s will eventually happen and if trade wars continue it could be sooner rather than later.

But to just flat out call them junk....nah.

The JvF figure I just bought is awesome as is their 1/4 Predator, 7” Predators, Aliens, IT etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shiny is hard to judge, I had concerns about the 2018 Michael looking shiny based on early pics, but I find it’s the material and how cameras can capture it. My figure in hand is plenty matte and I suspect the same for ‘81 Myers.

As for price, I forget this is an Ultimate, but still, Ultimates are close to thirty but like the Godzillas and other figures are still around $23, and my main point is companies making figures in a market like NECA follow different business models than say Hot Toys, who at their prices can make every figure 100% new. NECA would probably cost twice as much to do that and then no one would buy them.

The reason the figures don't look dead on is because of licensing rules. They have to do that in order to be able to get the licensing. Minor reworks or tweaks can be done to them. Shouldn't detur from purchase, still collectibles in any case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He looks great to me, I can't wait to see how he looks in hand. I'm curious to see how the final mask paintjob will look, and I hope he has decently painted eyes. Lately it seems like eyes have been really sloppy on the figures I've been seeing at retail.

Reusing tooling whenever they can has always been part of NECA's mo. From what I can see they did give him new lower legs. The torso is new, but you can tell they probably used the 2018 sculpt and just altered it, like they did with Roy. He does also appear to have at least 1 new hand for holding the scalpel. Speaking of which, I'm really happy to see that he does come with the extra hands like the 2018 version did. I'm very excited for this figure.

Oh, and I agree, the prices are starting to get a little crazy. Ultimates have went from $25 to $30 ($27 at target being the best deal), and other stores are charging over $30. I can remember some of the earlier ones being only $22. I know I've become much more selective in what neca figures I buy these days.

I might have exaggerated describing it as junk, but only by comparison, with some other figures with the same price tag and only because of how pissed I am to see something we all waited for a long time, being rushed out like this. I don't ask you to compare them with other figures released nowadays, but place them near older ones you bought 10 or 15 years ago for $10-15 and you'll see the drop. They spend almost no time with box artwork no more and show zero creativity. What's up with all boxes being black? Some of you redo the paint job the next day you received a figure. I'm not like that. For my $40 I expect something I can look at without getting mad.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

i feel like i was aimed at for my comment on the reused legs... im pissed at them reusing those because the 2018 myers was not standing straight.. he had this weird stance because one leg was longer then the other when you place him in a neutral position, and at 39.99$ canadian, hell yeah im allowed to expect more from neca since its been proven time and time again that they can deliver some great figs. The H2 look fantastic just not loving the damn legs . If they fixed the stance issue then im a happy camper

just got in the laurie... just wow, best non monster likeness to date. i thought ash from vs evil dead was amazing, this is even better, hope they make more civilian /final girls.. i want nancy, anything danielle harris, young laurie, tommy jarvis, any and all survivors would be awesome in the ultimate line

The reason the figures don't look dead on is because of licensing rules. They have to do that in order to be able to get the licensing. Minor reworks or tweaks can be done to them. Shouldn't detur from purchase, still collectibles in any case.

Can you explain this a little? I know licensing with these films is be a nightmare, but they do have the license to H2 so why wouldn't they be able to sculpt the warlock look dead on? Because of star trek? I'm just curious haha Thanks

I know the original halloween is protected faithfully. It's near impossible to acquire licensing. I imagine part 2 as well, not so much as the original, maybe because Carpenter wants an arm and a leg...from what I gathered, the more you pay for licensing, the more freedom you have to do what you want.
Take the H2 neca figure. They could have done a great job. It's really not that hard, but it looks weird. He's fat. The likeness is just about there, but overall looks off. It has to be a certain percentage different than the source material unless neca pays top dollar for the rights to make a dead on likeness.
I've spoken to some guy at neca, I honestly forget his name. I'm sure I have the conversation somewhere. I inquired about a sculpting position and asked if sculptors were the reason for likenesses to be off. He then explained to me the "system". There are probably top notch sculptors working to make figures, but it's like having your hands tied behind your back.

I know the original halloween is protected faithfully. It's near impossible to acquire licensing. I imagine part 2 as well, not so much as the original, maybe because Carpenter wants an arm and a leg...from what I gathered, the more you pay for licensing, the more freedom you have to do what you want.
Take the H2 neca figure. They could have done a great job. It's really not that hard, but it looks weird. He's fat. The likeness is just about there, but overall looks off. It has to be a certain percentage different than the source material unless neca pays top dollar for the rights to make a dead on likeness.
I've spoken to some guy at neca, I honestly forget his name. I'm sure I have the conversation somewhere. I inquired about a sculpting position and asked if sculptors were the reason for likenesses to be off. He then explained to me the "system". There are probably top notch sculptors working to make figures, but it's like having your hands tied behind your back.

I got mine today. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. He looks just like Shatner. Compare it to this pic: it's spot on.:nana::lol:lol:panic::monkey306-bill-shatner.w330.h330.jpg

Looks fantastic, I can't wait to get mine, and nice to see his color looks more accurate and not just standard blue. Mask looks based on moments where it almost looked like H1 and not fully "round" like others, I feel like with an alternate collar, you could convert this easily to be an H1.

Hell with the Tramer mask you?re halfway there already just whip out the ole dremmel tool for that hair. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back