NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to my local hobby store with cash in my pocket ready to make my Laurie Strode purchase. I already knew that NECA Figures average $40, but standing there with the figure in my hand, cash in my pocket and I just couldn’t get myself to pay $41.95 + tax (approx. $47.60 CAN) That’s too much folks for any 7 inch figure. I’d rather buy a SCREAM FACTORY – Collectors Edition Blu ray instead for $30

One thing I love about NECA in the stats is that their prices have not risen dramatically over the years like other toy makers, they'd managed to push their quality without dramatically increasing price while others have risen prices at reduced quality or at least the same.

Laurie turned out great and it's nice to have a hero to fill in the Myers collection more so the display isn't just a bunch of Michael's together. My want list would be a '78 Laurie, an updated '78 Loomis, I have the original, and a 2007 Loomis.

One thing I love about NECA in the stats is that their prices have not risen dramatically over the years like other toy makers, they'd managed to push their quality without dramatically increasing price while others have risen prices at reduced quality or at least the same.

Laurie turned out great and it's nice to have a hero to fill in the Myers collection more so the display isn't just a bunch of Michael's together. My want list would be a '78 Laurie, an updated '78 Loomis, I have the original, and a 2007 Loomis.

Very true about NECA.

Yes an updated 78 Loomis would be very much appreciated plus the entire 78 gang!

What an awesome display that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neca have increased their prices dramatically. I always keep the price tags on my figures and with each purchase you can see the jump in price. Its ridiculous really. The“Ultimate” line which was originally a repack the best of the “clamshell” line increased the figure $10 more because you were getting more accessories. The Ultimate line then took off and became its own line (like Cult Classic of the past) still keeping the extra $10 margin.

I'm not saying NECA hasn't gone up over time, but it's been a slow increase over years, compared to things like Hasbro Star Wars 4" figures which have not only gone up, but reduced in overall qualtiy, and figures of the older, better quality, are now marketed as something special and charged even more than the standard.

I’m talking here in the US NECA went up like what...$5-$10? If that even.

Look at the 19 XPlus Gigantic Godzilla or Sideshow Collectibles those are substantial increases!

someone commented about canadian collecting.. its a bit(h to collect here. and the places who do hold some(some is the key word) of the neca figs, have them for a much higher cost then they should be

That’s a different story, NECA only has so much control over cost, I mean even in the US, some stores charge above average for NECA.

someone commented about canadian collecting.. its a bit(h to collect here. and the places who do hold some(some is the key word) of the neca figs, have them for a much higher cost then they should be

It wasn't always like this. I've purchased the largest part of my collection there. At the time, when McFarlane or Neca figures were $10 in the US, they had them for $13-15 CAD. Now it's getting ridiculous and I feel it's not just the exchange rate to blame.

It wasn't always like this. I've purchased the largest part of my collection there. At the time, when McFarlane or Neca figures were $10 in the US, they had them for $13-15 CAD. Now it's getting ridiculous and I feel it's not just the exchange rate to blame.

yeah its pretty bad and i live in quebec which is worst off then the rest of canada because they cant carry anything thats not translated on the box in french . the stores who carry neca face fines. So in big part due to that the more local spots where i live have everything neca at about 10$ more then they should be priced at. like neca figs are 39.99$ canadian on average but at a more local store called videotron, its 49.99$ each neca fig. like get out. so i end up going online

not the elm street but f13th licence is on hold until they can sort out the legal battle between victor miller and sean cunningham, it could be months or even years before we get another f13th figure from neca

I thought that lawsuit was settled last year with Victor getting what he wanted.

I think Miller won the initial case, but Cunningham appealed it. There was some hope a couple months ago as both parties sat down to try and reach a settlement, but talks broke down and the appeal is still in motion. I'd like to think they'll try to come together again and reach a deal, but it's definitely in a holding pattern right now.

Damn.

Oh well one thing I will say the NECA Jason’s are better than some of the actual movies they’re based on lol

Some of my fondest horror cinema memories involve the F13th series.

1. Seeing all of the F13th movies on their opening nights including my favorite of the series Part 1.
2. Being blown away by the 3D from Part 3 which was also my first time experiencing a 3D movie in a theater.
3. Eating dinner at a restaurant with Adrienne King with a group of her business associates and a friend of mine plus hanging out in her hotel room chatting before a Con appearance because my friend was doing errands for her.
4. Helping Sean Cunningham hang up a huge F13th banner before a Con opening.
5. Visiting the original F13th Part 1 camp and standing inside the real cabins and lake.

I am lucky enough to have the two myers from neca , 1 is from necas ebay first batch released/no sticker and the second i picked up at a collectors store /with sticker. and i just noticed something interesting, the paint apps actually differ quite a bit from one another. the ebay release is gloss vs matted paint on the mass retail. some paint apps are missing on the mass release while the coveralls are dirtier on the mass then ebay release. the rubber on the masks on the mass retain is thinner and the heads that come with the retail are slightly smaller .

and before someone says , one might be a bootleg. nope both legit. just different batches

so question is, anyone else notice this before

fig.jpg

I normally prefer the matte finish on clothes, but in this case that figure also has a slight difference of color tone, from the waist down, which ain't so good. Also I like more how they applied the weathering on the "shiny" one. I double-checked on mine and I dont't have any issues. I compare multiples before buying every time to avoid bad luck. Regarding the head size, I don't think they modified the mold during production.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I normally prefer the matte finish on clothes, but in this case that figure also has a slight difference of color tone, from the waist down, which ain't so good. Also I like more how they applied the weathering on the "shiny" one. I double-checked on mine and I dont't have any issues. I compare multiples before buying every time to avoid bad luck. Regarding the head size, I don't think they modified the mold during production.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

well i dint get to pick , since i got one from necas ebay and the other was the only one they got in stock, so i just picked up but honestly i dont mind that both differ. make for a more visually interesting display then just copy and paste the same fig over

Back