NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H4/H5 cant happen. H1,H4,H5 are all owned by Akkad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dammit. Malek may not be as stingy as his pops, though. There maybe a shot down the line for NECA to do business with the Akkads. Not right now though

I spoke to one of the sculptors and hes gonna try to get other Myers put out like 6,7,8,9,10. And also hopefully an H2 Laurie and Loomis. So fingers crossed guys.

I'd be all over a Curse Of MM, always dug the mask and the movie is underrated.

giphy.gif

Would probably skip all the others though... Not a huge fan of the movies or looks/masks.

Dammit. Malek may not be as stingy as his pops, though. There maybe a shot down the line for NECA to do business with the Akkads. Not right now though
Unless Akkad changes his mind on his price I seriously doubt it. Neca has been very vocal about the situation.

I picked up the 2018 Myers two weeks ago at Target. I've not seen the new film, it sounds awful, not something I'd want to watch to be honest. I finally spotted the figure in the wild and decided to take a look. I picked him up since decent looking Myers figures have been so few and because of how impressive he looked in person. Plus it had been awhile since I'd bought a new neca figure. When I got him, I was considering taking his heads apart to repaint the masks, but after this weekend, I'm not sure if I should.

This weekend I got to visit a Books a Million store and they had a large assortment of Neca figures, including 2018 Michael. I looked them over out of curiosity and was shocked at how bad they were. The paintjob on the masks and his eyes were atrocious. They looked absolutely nothing like the ones I saw at Target, as if they were from a different batch or something. I don't know if it makes any difference, but the ones at Target didn't have the pumpkin sticker on the box, while the BAM ones did. I have also noticed from reviews that some of them are packaged with black twist ties, and some with silver. Obviously that is not a big deal, but I do wonder if they come from different batches. Now I feel like I might have gotten lucky with how my figure's masks were painted.
I bought the Myers figure on Thursday (begrudgingly, since I didn't care for the 2018 movie) since Randy kept stating on Twitter that NECA only had the license for the new movie and that Halloween merch traditionally wasn't a huge seller for them. I really wanted a Michael in my collection and thought I'd have to settle for this one.

Almost immediately after I got home from Target, Randy started hinting at the Halloween II Ultimate on Twitter. As soon as it was unveiled on Saturday, I took the 2018 figure right back to Target for a refund. It's annoying, because you know the Halloween II Ultimate had been in the works for a while. He'd been deliberately misleading people on social media. If Randy didn't want to reveal anything, just stay silent instead of lying to your customers. I'm legit tired of those shady tactics, especially when I'm basing my buying decisions on those statements. He now says a 1978 version is not in the cards, but watch one be unveiled the second I pick up the Halloween II Ultimate. :rolleyes2

The only reason I thought twice about taking the 2018 figure back was because of the upcoming Laurie figure I'd planned to pair it with. But honestly, I disagreed with the choices made for her character in the new movie (like letting her encounter with Myers define her whole existence and robbing her daughter of a proper childhood as a result). That isn't the version of Miss Strode I want on my toy shelf, even if it's the only one we'll be getting.

As for the paint job, the one I bought did have the sticker on the front of the box and the masks didn't look that great. The cracks and wear were quite visible on the attached head. The extra head had the paint applied too thick, obscuring a lot of the details in the sculpt. The figure was only held in the packaging by a single black wire across the chest. There were no ties around his arms and legs like I've seen in other in-hand photos, despite there being holes for them in the plastic tray.

I don't think is a rule. Mine has the sticker, 2 black twisty ties and the paint is identical to the copy received by Toyark for their photo shoot.

I doubt there's a pattern, probably just inconsistency from figure to figure, happens with all NECA figures.

I bought the Myers figure on Thursday (begrudgingly, since I didn't care for the 2018 movie) since Randy kept stating on Twitter that NECA only had the license for the new movie and that Halloween merch traditionally wasn't a huge seller for them. I really wanted a Michael in my collection and thought I'd have to settle for this one.

Almost immediately after I got home from Target, Randy started hinting at the Halloween II Ultimate on Twitter. As soon as it was unveiled on Saturday, I took the 2018 figure right back to Target for a refund. It's annoying, because you know the Halloween II Ultimate had been in the works for a while. He'd been deliberately misleading people on social media. If Randy didn't want to reveal anything, just stay silent instead of lying to your customers. I'm legit tired of those shady tactics, especially when I'm basing my buying decisions on those statements. He now says a 1978 version is not in the cards, but watch one be unveiled the second I pick up the Halloween II Ultimate. :rolleyes2

The only reason I thought twice about taking the 2018 figure back was because of the upcoming Laurie figure I'd planned to pair it with. But honestly, I disagreed with the choices made for her character in the new movie (like letting her encounter with Myers define her whole existence and robbing her daughter of a proper childhood as a result). That isn't the version of Miss Strode I want on my toy shelf, even if it's the only one we'll be getting.

As for the paint job, the one I bought did have the sticker on the front of the box and the masks didn't look that great. The cracks and wear were quite visible on the attached head. The extra head had the paint applied too thick, obscuring a lot of the details in the sculpt. The figure was only held in the packaging by a single black wire across the chest. There were no ties around his arms and legs like I've seen in other in-hand photos, despite there being holes for them in the plastic tray.

You talk about these NECA figures like they are hot toys prices. They’re just $26, and a crazy good value. Relax man

H6 Theatrical Cut is a pretty bad movie, but the kills are fun and Michael is extremely menacing throughout. The Producers Cut is a mess and Akkad should've never released that additional footage to add to the horrible "cult Michael" storyline. The other sequels are worse, but I think people get an enjoyment out of certain slasher franchises no matter how bad they are. I will always love every F13 movie in the original franchise (1-8 only, not that godawful remake either) because they are dumb fun movies.

I like H6 because it was the 1st Halloween I saw in theaters. But I admit the cult **** is bad. But I did enjoy the kills and look of him in H6.

You talk about these NECA figures like they are hot toys prices. They’re just $26, and a crazy good value. Relax man
Any gripes about the paint quality were in response to scarrviper. I never complained about the price, but I don't care if the figures were only $10 -- I personally don't want to collect multiples versions of the same character. Of course you can always sell one off if something better comes along, but it's still a bit shady when the head of product development repeatedly indicates 2018 Myers is the best the fans can hope for and then unveils a Halloween II figure a few weeks later.

Any gripes about the paint quality were in response to scarrviper. I never complained about the price, but I don't care if the figures were only $10 -- I personally don't want to collect multiples versions of the same character. Of course you can always sell one off if something better comes along, but it's still a bit shady when the head of product development repeatedly indicates 2018 Myers is the best the fans can hope for and then unveils a Halloween II figure a few weeks later.
At the time when the 2018 Myers was being made they didnt have the license. They just got the license a month or so ago. I don't see what the big deal is. The more Myers figures the better.

At the time when the 2018 Myers was being made they didnt have the license. They just got the license a month or so ago. I don't see what the big deal is. The more Myers figures the better.

More the merry in my book. I want one or two figures of the killer from every movie. I like to display multiples of the same figure with different head sculpts. For F13, that generally means 3 figures for me. One masked, one unmasked and one in box. In this instance, I don't see a big deal either. Sometimes I think they navigate the waters in a bit of a shady way but I think they generally do care about fans and try to get us the stuff we really ask for. For me, thats a complete collection of F13 figures. One from every movie. One Michael from every movie is fine with me too.

lolz.... what did people do when there was no twitter and had to just buy whatever they saw on shelves????

They just got the license a month or so ago.
Maybe they rushed it across the finish line in time for Toy Fair, but I find it doubtful they acquired the rights and had a fully painted prototype with packaging and newly sculpted accessories ready to show within six weeks of this tweet:

21ax2d0.jpg

I don't see what the big deal is. The more Myers figures the better.
Not complaining about more figures being available to the fanbase, just what I interpret as misinformation. For what it's worth, anything beyond 2 & 3 is currently off the table (but that could change tomorrow):

116mfyt.jpg

123l18g.jpg

lolz.... what did people do when there was no twitter and had to just buy whatever they saw on shelves????
Back then I would have no right to complain. The good ol' days when ignorance was bliss. :wink1:

Back