NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is about an hour away in CT but won't get to me for another week :tap $4 shipping, get what you pay for I suppose.

458A68CE-BA70-43AD-8238-77C356B53F03.jpeg

HE came home.

65CD6328-59E8-4271-9F1F-9368F0B0E32F.jpeg

Michael came home today. Somehow he looks more impressive in hand than what I saw in pics and videos.

Well worth the wait.

This figure was a surprise, even some of the more impressive photos have struck me as having a “toy” finish, like it has a plastic shine, not the case in hand, but I’ve run into this doing photos of other pieces, something about the paints or plastics, it’s a challenge I welcome, this piece deserves more praise.

The mask is certainly a slight downgrade from the 12” prototype at SDCC, but that bodes well for an 18” version. Even though not as good as the proto, it’s still really good and under lighting to give enough contrast, the forms of the mask are there and look really good. I even notice subtle differences in the faces between the two heads beyond hair. I really believe the mask showing the eyes clearly is based on James Jude Courtney in the mask and the blacked out is based on Nick Castle, it just feels more like an aged ‘78 than the eye showing mask.

Acetone, q tips and water. Running alcohol would work as well. Be mindful of how much acetone you use. Though I had no damage to the plastic.

Thanks, only thing that makes me nervous long term is will it break down the mask material over time.

Really hoping to see them unveil an 18” version at Toy Fair. Given overall scale, I can live with the stock paint on the 7”, will definitely repaint an 18” one. It’d be cool if an 18” version includes the severed head with a flashlight attachment and working light, it looks cool sticking a light in the 7” version.

Full gallery of Laurie is up. Likeness is on point. I was hoping she would have a removable jacket and arms to go with her blue top underneath but it's no deal breaker.

NECA-Halloween-Laurie-Strode-001.jpg

With the way Neca capture likeness so well nowadays, it's a shame we're never going to get an updated Loomis figure with their improved sculpting.

With the way Neca capture likeness so well nowadays, it's a shame we're never going to get an updated Loomis figure with their improved sculpting.

Sculpt was actually quite good on the original Loomis, what I'd want most out of a new one is better pose, the original just looks very awkward outside of an aiming pose and even that isn't so great looking.

Laurie looks great, definitely getting her, wish there were an option to not have her in the coat given she didn't wear it when fighting Michael, but I get it that it's a more appealing "toy" to sell with it.

It's a beautiful figure, but with a movie so highly overrated, I don't have enough connection to get more than just the main character. I've waited long enough to have a decent Myers in my collection. He's all I needed.

She's got double jointed elbows so she'll be able to hold her rifle and shotgun properly. It's what their Sarah Connor should have had in the first place.

Sarah's arms are thin and fragile, ideal, but not sure if doable. I definitely like the double joint on Michael.

Looks like yet another case of one leg longer than the other. Awesome. So they're just happy to keep pumping them out like this then.....

She's got double jointed elbows so she'll be able to hold her rifle and shotgun properly. It's what their Sarah Connor should have had in the first place.

True, you can't get very good shotgun-wielding poses out of Sarah. And the gun falls out of her hands so damn easy, the extendable stock thing falls off at the slightest tap.

Great figures but they have their annoying aspects.

Back