Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked mine up from my local shop today. My buddy let me open the case and pull two minty fresh ones. This figure is amazing. Seriously. Not one to miss. Ben Chapman was 6'5 in real life. They paid attention. He's slightly taller than Frankenstein, as he should be. Someone did their homework. Again. These NECA figures are stupendous.

Got this guy today.

Attachments

• 20230912_190758.jpg
    20230912_190758.jpg
    814.6 KB · Views: 0
Have you heard anything about Phantom and Invisible Man being produced in lower quantities? I've heard some folks online talking about how these two seem harder to find, and my local guy told me he didn't order as many and sold through them. I know NECA isn't limited per se, so I was curious about this.

Have you heard anything about Phantom and Invisible Man being produced in lower quantities? I've heard some folks online talking about how these two seem harder to find, and my local guy told me he didn't order as many and sold through them. I know NECA isn't limited per se, so I was curious about this.
I have seen Invisible Man a few times. Nothing special and the $59.99 Canadian price tag keeps it hanging on the peg for me. Way to expensive for what it is. Maybe my view will change with the smoking jacket version (if released)

Must say, the Invisible Man didn't really appeal to me either. I may, however, get a B&W Phantom as I've always liked that make-up.

I seem to see invisible man everywhere (interesting phrase) . I also passed because it's not the look I wanted. Phantom I order because I was afraid it would be gone. Could be just a slow roll out.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't. Still, we'll see....
Well, thats the kicker, and why I asked if anyone had heard whether IM and Phantom were underperforming. Over at the Universal Monster Army forums, the lack of a b/w announcement was connected to such chatter. Fingers crossed for those holding out for b/w though.

Per BBTS, my B&W Bride is "processing soon." Would love such a version of The Phantom, too. And IM.

Well, thats the kicker, and why I asked if anyone had heard whether IM and Phantom were underperforming. Over at the Universal Monster Army forums, the lack of a b/w announcement was connected to such chatter. Fingers crossed for those holding out for b/w though.
Yeah, I don't head over to UMA quite as often as I should. All of my Universal kits are boxed up awaiting storage, so I've not really had much to contribute. My other B&W NECA's are all boxed too, so I haven't photographed or reviewed those either.

How do the loot crates work? Do they announce what the featured item is each month before they ship or just the premiere issue? Thinking of signing up to an extended plan to get the set at discounted cost but don't want to get locked in if the rest of them are subpar releases or not even Neca. The skeptic in me feels like the 1st one could be a lure. Anyone else do the crates before, we're you generally satisfied and it was straight forward? Do they allow cancelations?

How do the loot crates work? Do they announce what the featured item is each month before they ship or just the premiere issue? Thinking of signing up to an extended plan to get the set at discounted cost but don't want to get locked in if the rest of them are subpar releases or not even Neca. The skeptic in me feels like the 1st one could be a lure. Anyone else do the crates before, were you generally satisfied and it was straight forward? Do they allow cancelations?
Once you buy a plan you pay right then for it and then are billed again when the next cycle starts. For example if you buy a single crate you can cancel immediately and only get the one crate. Don’t cancel and you’ll get billed when the next crate happens (monthly, bimonthly, whatever the program is).

If you buy a full year, you’ll pay the full year now. If you immediately cancel you’re still locked into that year but wouldn’t be billed for the next year in a year.

Lootcrate will usually announce a theme but not much beyond that for a crate. Sometimes the NECA figures can be surprises but in general those are going to be the thing they advertise because those will generate sales. It’s possible the BK figures might not even be sequential crates. I hope they are but they could drag it out for a while so I’m sticking to single crates for the flexibility.

Looks like the next crate is already up and it's vamp time! This system really confuses me. If you choose 3 crates are you getting 3 of the same crate or this and the next two? And either way, you're STILL on a subscription that charges every other month?

Looks like the next crate is already up and it's vamp time! This system really confuses me. If you choose 3 crates are you getting 3 of the same crate or this and the next two? And either way, you're STILL on a subscription that charges every other month yet this is due to end on Oct 15??
3 different crates. The current one and the next two after it. After those three are done you’d be charged for another 3 if you don’t cancel before then. You can buy and immediately cancel and you’ll still get the three crates you paid for.

3 different crates. The current one and the next two after it. After those three are done you’d be charged for another 3 if you don’t cancel before then. You can buy and immediately cancel and
you’ll still get the three crates you paid for.

Ah I see. I was going to go for two Frank's since these are in baggies not boxes, but wasn't sure how or IF you could order multiples on the same order. Just as well I guess. Been spending too much. Drac looks like another good, if generic, homage.

Ah I see. I was going to go for two Frank's since these are in baggies not boxes, but wasn't sure how or IF you could order multiples on the same order. Just as well I guess. Been spending too much. Drac looks like another good, if generic, homage.
You would just need to place separate orders for multiple subscriptions. If you want doubles you’ll need two subscriptions.

Back