Neca - Golden Girls Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Funko ReAction set goes for ridiculous prices. I have all 4 POPs, and I'm gonna buy these for sure. I love The Golden Girls. Used to watch with my Mom when I was little and I have the complete series.

It's always tough to judge what properties have a following, and therefore who would buy certain collectibles.
I for one, have NO IDEA why anyone wants The Big Lebowski, or Bill the Butcher, or Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.
But on the flip side, I already pre-ordered The Golden Girls. Nostalgia is a funny thing, and makes different properties mean something to different people.

Age likely has something to do with it. While I do remember Golden Girls fondly when I was young, I don't have a nostalgic bent for them. Now if someone made a Family Matters line, I'd be all over that. I recall reading somewhere that Blitzway is making a Kevin, Marv, and Harry from Home Alone in 1/6 scale. They might have to make it to my display cabinet.

The only oddball 1/6 scale figure I have on display (right now) perpetually is Mr. Bean. No matter how many times I move or switch up displays, he always ends up making the cut. Again, age :). Oh, and I have a Darkwing Duck Funko figure sitting on my desk as I type.

GG really does have a strong following and the show holds up fairly well... they tackled a lot of taboo topics and the characters were likeable. I won't be dropping $115 on the set, but I think NECA knows what they are doing here.

I remember seeing the show a bit as a kid, but rewatching it as an adult, I realised how funny the show is and some of the humour truly is well before it's time.

Don't think I'd collect merchandise on the show, but I would pick up the dvds so I could rewatch it again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

so Nostromo crew or Half-Life monsters won't sell but these ones will.

It's always tough to judge what properties have a following, and therefore who would buy certain collectibles.
I for one, have NO IDEA why anyone wants The Big Lebowski, or Bill the Butcher, or Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.
But on the flip side, I already pre-ordered The Golden Girls. Nostalgia is a funny thing, and makes different properties mean something to different people.
How could anyone not want the dude in 1/6? He is my idol (sadly). To me the dude could have been obi wan kenobi's less ambitious brother, more concerned about pot, ccr, and bowling.

i don't even know who most of them are and wish i didn't waste my time on the movie with the one i know.

I know friends (30-35) who watch reruns of this show all the time on whatever channels play them. It’s definitely gotten really big in the last 5 years. They were actually interested in the set when I mentioned it to them and they don’t collect toys.

Yeah, that's the thing. There will be people who'll get these because "OMG Golden Girls!" and not because they're into the hobby in general.

I usually feel that NECA's mego style figures have crappy caricature style sculpts but these actually look really good.

Back