NECA Django Unchained 8" Pose-able Action Figure Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do my eyes deceive me? I'm not wearing any corrective lenses right now, but do those boxes actually say ages 17 and up? What a weird age to put on these. Why are they only for 17 and up? I can't imagine a 16 year old choking on them. But then again, 16 year olds are morons.

Yeah, I think it's the movie audience. They want to make it totally clear it's not for kids, I guess.

These are pretty cool. I have a fewVenture Bros in this style, but what I love about these is the packaging. These are going to display great without ever removing them from the box.

Well, whatever stock NECA had up on Amazon is all sold out now, except Stephen. Of course, the quantities for all the other dealers is supposed to come out in the next month or so. I wonder how many of these they made? I hope someone here might have ordered some of them from Amazon as I'm intrigued to see if some of them have more accessories then you can plainly see in the pictures. Right now it looks like only Django has a lot of accessories. I pre-ordered from ToyWiz (before they raised their prices on Broomhild and Butch, thankfully) and they aren't expected to be in there until next year.

There are three naked body pictures here:

https://megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?81752-Django-body-pics

django_compare1.jpg

About the accessories, one person there says:

Some of the figures like Django come with guns, some don't. The hands don't look like
they could hold the guns. The clothing is connected with velcro. The price I have seen
on them is $100 for the set of 4.

The clothes actually look much better in that pic, probably due to a lot of futzing but still...
Kind of dissapointed there doesn't seem to be any bicep or thigh swivels though, part of the "mego style" i presume?

Ah, thanks. Not sure why I didn't think of checking with Mego Museum. :)

Got them:

Got these today. Overall I'm pleased. They have very nice, solid bodies with some very nice articulation. They feel very substantial, and the joints are nice and tight. I wish my 4th Doctor from BBP could stand up this well! The clothing is very nice for this type of figure. Some fussing is needed overall to get them to look better than they look right out of the package, but after that for the most part they look good. Collars at this scale are always problematic, but most seem to work pretty well.

First up is Django himself. Perhaps appropriately, he's the most "fun" figure of the bunch. For one thing, he actually comes with accessories. He feels like a proper western toy with his hat, gun and holster. Everything looks great. One sad thing. As I was posing him for these pics, one of his buttons broke. You'll see what I mean in later pictures, as it was a while before I noticed it. I could probably glue it back together, but the truth is the half that broke off just sort of crumbled as I picked it up. Not sure what it's made of, but I do worry about he longevity of those buttons. Still, overall he's a VERY cool figure.

8345120004_0288360418_z.jpg

8344061291_291b944b9f_z.jpg

8344061499_419328c6f1_z.jpg

Overall Dr. Shultz is very nice. He looks quite a lot like Christoph Waltz. One thing though, I do feel like there are some uncessary paint apps here. You'll see on some figures the paint seems to get thick and gloopy. The thing that's bad on Shultz are his nostril holes are painted black, and one of them is a touch too big. I'd rather they just didn't paint the nostrils. I do miss his hat and long coat from the movie though... and a weapon...

8345119160_20bcd6331a_z.jpg

8345119364_882e5fcb3b_z.jpg

Broomhilda has a really lovely face sculpt of Kerry Washington. I feel like here expression could have a little more life to it though. Sometimes it's okay, but from certain angles it looks like she's hypnotized. I wish they'd gotten the black paint on her hair a bit darker to match the extra plastic of her hair on the back. It just looks a bit odd, like she has a shaved head almost. It works mostly, though. I feel like she's saddled with a slightly ugly dress. It's well made with some nice, solid construction, though. Since she's the "princess" of the story, I guess this sort of makes sense though. Like all the figures, she has a nice range of movement.

8345119602_b90f064896_z.jpg

8345119682_30916edb86_z.jpg

One funny thing I forgot to take a picture of... they only colored the foot section of their feet. In other words, Django's boots end at his ankles! It's very odd. I wish they'd at least painted up the boots some more. It's fine in most shots, but when you move his legs around it can look odd, like he (and everyone else) has sandals on.

8344061655_b5d30736e0_z.jpg

8345120652_7c4e8c9712_z.jpg

Last edited:
Butch is a nice figure. I can't say the character made a HUGE impact on me in the film, but he's got a great look. His hat is non-removable, which I think is less fun. And again, no weapons. But overall pretty solid. His face paint is MUCH darker than his body which is kind of weird, and it's a little gloopy, which caused some chipping on his nose.

8344062741_6c83e37c72_z.jpg

Candie's outfit is great. It works very well considering how many layers it has. I had to take his inner clothes off and cut off some of the thread fringe inside because it was really obvious around his collar. The thing that lets this figure down is the head sculpt and paint. I have a hard time seeing Leonardo DiCaprio in there at all, and they didn't hit his hair line well enough so there's flesh color really obvious on his front curl. I'll have to hit that with some brown paint.

8344062441_3a13681efe_z.jpg

8345121224_e759fa5e63_z.jpg

Stephen is great, with a great likeness of Samuel L. Jackson, and the sculpt has a lot of personality. If anything, I'd say maybe it doesn't look quite old enough. But that's a minor complaint. The collar separates at the back (where the velcro comes together) which means his collar doesn't stay down well. I might have to fix that somehow.

8344060393_ecb872494b_z.jpg

8345119304_19b8951b88_z.jpg

8344060357_5a48122db1_z.jpg

Just a few quick shots for fun and for some comparison...
8344062419_b6f7de925e_z.jpg

8344060163_2c7640fd1a_z.jpg

Oh man, I hope they pull them from the market. The prices for my figures will go through the roof! :D

Even I don't understand the protest. Heck, I bought all the black figures, no problems.

These are disapointing, and an easy pass. When will someone pick up and make real looking 1/9 scale figures like Charlee Flatt did.

Way to make a fool of yourself you ignorant hack... Claiming that the Jewish community would never allow Tarantino to make figures from Inglorius basterds... Um google much?

This guy can get In a car with spike lee and drive off a bridge somewhere for all I care...

Way to make a fool of yourself you ignorant hack... Claiming that the Jewish community would never allow Tarantino to make figures from Inglorius basterds... Um google much?

This guy can get In a car with spike lee and drive off a bridge somewhere for all I care...

Whaaaaaaa...??

Back