Neca Custom Battle Damaged Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndoT800

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Here is one of my endo's I completed a while back that I like to share with you guys. I'm currently in the process of reworking another one which I will post here once I'm done with it. After that, I have two more remaining that I will be reworking. Each one will have a specific concept that I have planned.

This is my Neca 18" Endoskeleton that I converted to a Battle Damaged version. I didn't get to finish all mods that I wanted to do due to time constraints with other projects so here it is.
I already have a modded hyper alloy factory fresh version of the same so I wanted to create a different version of the Endo.
First, I modded the feet & hands.
The feet were taken apart and reshaped. I rebuilt the feet with a combination of aluminum & metal piston rods. They are now closer to what they should be like and are sturdier and weigh lot more than before.
For the hands and arms, I reshaped the palms by removing the excess plastic and removed each finger at joint.
I then reassembled the hands with a combination of stainless steel shafts and brass rods. I then added the stainless steel cabling to each finger running up and through the arm.
Next was to replace the existing plastic shoulder & neck cabling with real metal stainless steel cables.
The stainless steel cables were repositioned and are much better looking than the plain plastic versions.
Another area of modding was all the visible screw holes and screws themselves. I covered all of them and now there are no screws visible anywhere.
I also replaced some of the plastic piston shafts with aluminum tubing.
The Phased Plasma gun in the 40 watt range was reworked by opening each barrel and finishing it with a new repaint.
Now, the Endo was to receive a nice hyper alloy chrome finish just to have it all nicely damaged. It also has some serious damage to one of its upper front leg pistons with some fluid leakage.
I then built the custom base with scattered fractured skulls of human victims.
In all, the Neca Endo is nice affordable version for its size and design. It just needs some rework to really bring out all the details. Even the Hot Toys Endo could benefit from some rework which I would do if I could afford one. So since the HT version is out of reach for me, I’ll continue to work with the Neca version as it is a nice alternative once it gets it's makeover. Enjoy!

100_3620.jpg

100_3615.jpg

100_3665-1.jpg

100_3661.jpg

100_3674-1.jpg

100_3643-1.jpg

100_3636-1.jpg

100_3632.jpg

100_3292.jpg

EndoBeforeAfter.jpg

Very nice! I'm about to do the same thing to a 7" (i believe) NECA big chap alien. They do have some descent sculpts.

Woah, that thing is beautiful! Great job taking a more affordable Endo and really turning it into something awesome! That custom base is perfect.

You are INSANE! That's the most amazing Neca 18 inch endo mod I have EVER seen. The hand and feet details are mind blowing. I am very impressed.

Back