NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see NECA doing a Batmobile or Batwing, it's not like they do vehicles. Well, I mean they did that Predator speeder thing, Power loader and ED-209 (not really a vehicle, but you know).

Then again, I never thought I'd see a Keaton Batman from them, let alone 7" DC film characters. You just never know.

I'm telling you guys, I bet NECA gets The Bat, the Cat and the Penguin in both scales before Hot Toys, and Hot Toys had a ****ing three year head start! This 1/4 to 7" thing has a lot of potential.

I had no idea they were making a 1/4 Catwoman. If they make a Cavil Superman, they better go with BVS because their 1/4 MOS doesn't look very good, imo. I'm not sure what else they can make. In the interview I posted, Randy said that they would love to make it an annual thing for the holidays, but after Returns Bats and BVS...what else is there? Suicide Squad? A Letoker? Marvel...Star Wars?

I'm trying not to break down and get back into Star Wars, but their Bruce Lee and Freddie Mercury figures are must-haves for me.

Speaking of high-quality smaller figures, I'm waiting anxiously to see what Mezco's One:12 Keaton Batman looks like. Rumour is they haven't been able to show it anywhere because they can't get hold of Keaton to clear the likeness rights.

That Freddie Mercury figure looks pretty cool. I'd love for them to make Axl Rose and Slash from Guns n Roses, but I doubt anyone wants those figures :lol

I think Mezco got lucky with their TDKR 1/12 Batman because of the source material, but I doubt they'll be able to make a good looking Keaton Batman.

They're pretty much nailing all of their lines, it's pretty remarkable, and the quality is there, I think I've only see one broken Luke in these boards.

I bought all their MMPR figures and they were quality stuff.

Maul looks like the best Maul figure I've ever seen. Han and Chewbacca impresses me more than Hot Toys. The Episode 1 Obi-Wan? Perfect. I didn't get a look at Grievous but even he looks insane.

Speaking of high-quality smaller figures, I'm waiting anxiously to see what Mezco's One:12 Keaton Batman looks like. Rumour is they haven't been able to show it anywhere because they can't get hold of Keaton to clear the likeness rights.

Between Hot Toys and NECA, Mezco has a lot to live up to. The bar is pretty high. I don't know if they can do it, hence this delay in anything concrete. Based on what Mezco has offered so far, the Keaton movie Batman I'm visually in my head looks pretty goofy. :lol

I still can't believe NECA pulled off an actual Bruce Wayne head underneath a real cowl in the 7" scale. It's just like how they implemented those awesome hip joints with the softer pelvic/torso or the hidden joint in the torso of their Keaton Batman chest plate and Ledger Joker shirt. How they made that work I'll never know. Imagine all the trial and error that went into the sculpting to make the proportions of the cowl and head as good as they were. Every other company, including Hot Toys just makes their Batman heads solid. The fact that NECA managed to retain articulation in the head/neck inside a pliable soft plastic cowl is a first.

I'm hoping Mezco pulls it off. The sculpt on the NECA from head to toe is pretty flawless. If Mezco can get the details and accuracy of the NECA sculpt and the quality and all the accessories of the Hot Toys figure in their One:12th take ala TDKR Miller Batman, it could possibly be the best movie Batman yet. After seeing only Flash and Superman from them, I kinda question how they're going to pull it off without making Keaton look like a Mego doll. That undersuit and segmented armor is going to be tough, especially when this is the bar prototype wise,

MichaelKeatonBatman021113.jpg

Between Hot Toys and NECA, Mezco has a lot to live up to. The bar is pretty high. I don't know if they can do it, hence this delay in anything concrete. Based on what Mezco has offered so far, the Keaton movie Batman I'm visually in my head looks pretty goofy. :lol

I still can't believe NECA pulled off an actual Bruce Wayne head underneath a real cowl in the 7" scale. It's just like how they implemented those awesome hip joints with the softer pelvic/torso or the hidden joint in the torso of their Keaton Batman chest plate and Ledger Joker shirt. How they made that work I'll never know. Imagine all the trial and error that went into the sculpting to make the proportions of the cowl and head as good as they were. Every other company, including Hot Toys just makes their Batman heads solid. The fact that NECA managed to retain articulation in the head/neck inside a pliable soft plastic cowl is a first.

I'm hoping Mezco pulls it off. The sculpt on the NECA from head to toe is pretty flawless. If Mezco can get the details and accuracy of the NECA sculpt and the quality and all the accessories of the Hot Toys figure in their One:12th take ala TDKR Miller Batman, it could possibly be the best movie Batman yet. After seeing only Flash and Superman from them, I kinda question how they're going to pull it off without making Keaton look like a Mego doll. That undersuit and segmented armor is going to be tough, especially when this is the bar prototype wise,

View attachment 221068

I have faith they might be able to pull something off. I know those prototypes they showed off a while back were less than impressive, but they themselves admitted those were very early handmade test pieces they probably shouldn't have displayed. Dredd seems like a big step up from Batman, which was a pretty incredible figure in its own right.

Their One:12 Frankenstein prototype shows they can pull off a realistic facial likeness, the thing I was most worried they wouldn't be able to deliver.

SDCC-15-Mezco-Preview-Night_16.jpg

That said, I'd be happy if they just stuck to comic and cartoon stuff, they have a real flair for translating 2D designs into 3D figures. I'd love to see Hellboy, Bisley Slaine, Bisley Constantine and The Real Ghostbusters get the One:12 treatment.

That Frankenstein is pretty good, I don't think they'd botch Keaton's mouth or eyes in the likeness department.

I'm just having trouble picturing that body, suit and armor by them. For some reason I have something like a cross between these in my head.

kidz_biz_1989_batman_returns_batman_8_inch_action_figure_large.jpg
100_2294.jpg
100_2297.jpg

They did?

I only knew they said they were "very early" protos.

I'm sure I heard them mention it in an interview or on social media somewhere. Funnily enough there's an interview from NYTF 2014 where their art director flat-out states they had no plans to show off figures until the prototypes were locked down and heading into final production, guess that policy didn't last :ohbfrank:

I still can't believe they showed those things off, personally. The drop in quality from the first three prototypes they showed off (Batman, Dredd, Mutant Leader) to Flash, Space Ghost and Superman was pretty jarring. Flash probably looked the best, Superman looked like Ray Liotta on a fancy-dress party meth binge.

Granted, the finished prototypes and products will probably be a major step up but still...

That Frankenstein is pretty good, I don't think they'd botch Keaton's mouth or eyes in the likeness department.

I'm just having trouble picturing that body, suit and armor by them. For some reason I have something like a cross between these in my head.

Oh god, I hope it doesn't turn out like this :monkey4

Haha, Well I think it can be done pretty well. I've always pictured how a 6-7 inch real material Keaton would play out, and it always worked in my head when I was developing one. The body has to be SKINNY (like Keaton actually is). The material has to be TIGHT. The Body armor has to be THIN. and it will all add up to the perfect beefiness, that even the NECA figure was frankly lacking. The armor on the 89 was pretty bulky around the shoulders and chest, and I think Mezco can pull it off if they balance the materials properly. If they use a standard male sized body, with standard material like what was used for their TDKR bats, then they may run into problems, especially if their armor isn't thin enough. The layers really need to work in conjunction, and they all need to be slick and vinyl.

The body armor chest piece from NECA 89 is actually a great example of how to do the body armor. On the NECA figure its entirely removable, and once removed you can feel the thinness of it. That NECA chest piece can be easily mounted on a thin body with a thin black vinyl spandex suit, and have the exact proportions of the NECA figure.

Now the actual 89 suits chest piece also included the shoulders and biceps as one big piece. I will be curious how true to design Mezco will stay. I wonder if they will split the shoulders from the chest. If they stay film accurate to the design, it would be at the sacrifice of articulation around the shoulders. I can't imagine the R&D that went into it if done properly. Really fun stuff though, and 100% plausible.

I actually hope Mezcos take on 89 has a bit of artistic flare to it. I want the head to be slightly exaggerated with a looser, wider, thicker cowl than what NECA did. NECA is pretty much the peak of film accuracy, you're NOT going to get better than the NECA cowl in the 7 inch scale. Period. Their 18 inchers cowl was too thin/long headed, but they reworked it for the 7 inch perfectly.

Last edited:
Holy crap it blew the Mafex one right out of the water :rotfl

You think they'll make a Cavill Supes?

Also hope they do an Akrham Origins Batman.

Back