NECA 7" Michael Keaton Batman (Movie Version) Figure!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow cool to see someone from the fwoosh here, anyways I found 4 in doral and hid 3, them at the stores at US-1 by dadeland I found 4 more, of course I hid 3 more, last one was a cutler bay found 3 and hid them too.

Did you happen to see any TRU exclusive BvS heat vision Superman?

Oh yeah, I think the one in doral or in Kendall has like 2 to 3 of them along with a bunch of batfflecks.

Thanks,it was Kendall,checked both lol,picked one up,I've accepted the fact that the DC Films and Mafex are out of my price range,and these will have to do!

Thanks,it was Kendall,checked both lol,picked one up,I've accepted the fact that the DC Films and Mafex are out of my price range,and these will have to do!
Wow I'm surprised, since you did say mattel's are junk and you will never buy any of them. Though I did get the Affleck one and I like him, I want to get Clark too but I need him loose since I already got the baf piece from a friend.

Was shocked to see these at TRU yesterday. Thought they were long gone. They had two left (one had wonky eyes and bent ears) but the other looked damn near perfect with the exception of a crooked belt, so I grabbed that one. The QC on these is really hit and miss, couldn't imagine ordering one of these online. I remember back when these were originally hitting TRU and my store got 8 of them in but they all looked like ****, so I had to pass. I was pretty bummed out...

Anyone else here think that the cowl is an improvement over the 18 inch? The neck was too skinny on the big guy, the 7 inch looks thicker like the movie.

Also, Is the belt movable or sculpted on? Still haven't opened him yet.... is there a fix for the crooked belt?

Was shocked to see these at TRU yesterday. Thought they were long gone. They had two left (one had wonky eyes and bent ears) but the other looked damn near perfect with the exception of a crooked belt, so I grabbed that one. The QC on these is really hit and miss, couldn't imagine ordering one of these online. I remember back when these were originally hitting TRU and my store got 8 of them in but they all looked like ****, so I had to pass. I was pretty bummed out...

Anyone else here think that the cowl is an improvement over the 18 inch? The neck was too skinny on the big guy, the 7 inch looks thicker like the movie.

Also, Is the belt movable or sculpted on? Still haven't opened him yet.... is there a fix for the crooked belt?

I think it's an separate piece but seems glued on... Might be sculpted on not sure. Just checked it's an separate piece but glued on.

Took this picture the other day.

DSC_0903.jpg

The belt is sculpted on and a part of the trunks, not a seperate piece.

image.jpeg

Your belt isn't crooked, the waist and torso just need to be aligned straight. Once you do that, he looks perfect.

Only quality control things you have to worry about from my experience is,

- the knees (heat up the legs with warm to hot water or a blow dryer if they feel stuck and gently move them until they rotate and bend)
- lower torso join by the belt (same as above, heat it and gently articulate and then it's free)

Not much else. These ones from Toys R Us are better made plastic wise. I felt the difference with the joints. The only thing that seems off are the paint apps. So if you got one with good paint applications, you shouldn't be too worried about opening it up. It's a great little figure.

If yours is like the one in that toy ark pic, all you have to do then is tilt the ab crunch joint to the figure's right and it will be perfectly aligned. It's a good bet your belt/lower trunks isn't crooked.

image.jpeg

The figure looks weird when it's in the package like it's all contorted and lanky. Once you take it out and pose it and unfurl the cape, it looks better.

If yours is like the one in that toy ark pic, all you have to do then is tilt the ab crunch joint to the figure's right and it will be perfectly aligned. It's a good bet your belt/lower trunks isn't crooked.

View attachment 267568

The figure looks weird when it's in the package like it's all contorted and lanky. Once you take it out and pose it and unfurl the cape, it looks better.

Thanks for the info!

Maybe I'll crack it open tonight.

Got a second Cathedral damaged Batman now. The first one I got in the fall was crazy good, but the paint work and damage on the gauntlets and belt are actually better than the last. Pretty amazing work. I just can't get over how clean and sharp all the damage is and how intricate the paint applications are. I could never achieve some of these details on a figure so small. The fact that it can be posed and handled like a regular stock production figure without fears of flaking or it falling apart is just astounding and a testament to the craftsmanship.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Really surprised NECA hasn't retooled or repainted their 1/4 '89 Batman or 7" figure yet. This sudden Spring rerelease at Toys R Us was a nice surprise, so who knows. It's such a great base sculpt that they could literally pump out as many variations (battle damaged, Kenner tributes, etc.) as they can. Maybe I'm biased, but I'd say it's one of their best 7" sculpts ever. 3 years later and it still blows me away.

image.jpeg

Many thanks to Randy, Kyle Windrix and the NECA sculpting, painting and fabrication team for bringing this together and TWayne's and Toney Mei's great custom work.

Looks amazing, DiFabio! Reminds me of the shot from the movie where the Joker's helicopter light is shining on him with his cape blowing. Still one of my favorite parts.

Amazing custom, DiFabio! Congrats!
I agree - this is one of NECA's best sculpts ever. They really nailed it.

Man, the more I see this Batman, the more I think NECA MUST re-release DeVito Penguin in 7" form, along with Pfeiffer Catwoman, to go with this Batman (yeah, this is the '89 uniform, and they should do the Returns one, but still pretty similar - I could live with this one only).

I know about Nicholson's expensive license, but they should really try to make a '89 Joker figure to complete the collection.

How much are these going for atm? I might wanna try my hand on repaint ong these. Looks like a great sculpt and figure.

They go for around $35-$50 on ebay from what I've seen.
But sometimes the NES video game version pops up at my local TRUs, which is only $20.
Good luck!

Finally bit the bullet and got one today from an eBay seller in the USA. I was not super impressed getting him out of the packet but after some time posing him - wow he really is a great figure. Would like to have the face repainted but not sure I am willing to attempt it. Has some great presence even for such a smaller figure.

Please, please, please NECA - put out a 7 inch Penguin in November and a Catwoman next year!

Back