Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the reaction i knew i was going to get. Funny how i was the one with the potty mouth, never swore once. Oh, you mean stfu? Stop tryna fold uniforms, bud. See what i mean? Dink is the sound it makes when you hit your utensils on your plate while you eat, one of my peeves. Absolutely no swearing by me. You chose to beat the filter by typing out a swear and spacing it in half though, which is against forum rules. So not only did you swear, but you broke one of daves most sacred rules. Pfffft.

I've seen that base and I like it a lot but not what I was going for. I wanted a lot more floral, I personally wanted more volume in the base. May seem odd to some but just a preference y'know XD

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Bases for me are a personal preference to what you like. Mine are pretty basic in terms of density, but that's what I prefer as I did not want to take too much away from the figure itself.

10455357_997222683678797_4016688169209460012_n.jpg

281501_180099912057749_1152452_n.jpg

^^^ Always amaze me how good sculpt NECA really is when paired with top notch skills...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still one of, if not the best custom NECA P1. Did you ever do any of the other 1/4 Predators?

Speaking of custom NECA; Alice, how is your City Hunter mask coming along?

Also, who's doing full Predator commission work these days?

The City Hunter, but the P1 is still my favorite design.

12106873_997267980340934_7065138481386392800_n.jpg

looks like some messages have been lost after forum resurrection.

looks like some messages have been lost after forum resurrection.

Yep.

Before the board went down I basically said:

I started the mask 4 years ago as something I was doing for myself. Enough people showed interest that I said I would sell copies when I finished it. I wasn't happy with how it was turning out, so I put it on hold until I had enough experience to actually make something decent, because I surely wasn't going to sell people garbage.

The whole mask as it is now was pretty much sculpted from scratch, now that I have more experience and better tools to sculpt with. What it is now was sculpted in about two months of on and off work. The only thing left to do is tweak two or three spots that I'm still not satisfied with, and then it's done. I'm currently working on some Ghostbusters accessories, and once they're done I'll finish the mask and move on to something else.

i wonder if you could sculpt a human brain with some electronics in 1/6.

Here's my own personal 1/4 P1 (W.I.P) so far, I've been working on him since 2011 and have since had a lot of help from Shannon Shea and Steve Wang on the painting methods.
Aiming for movie accuracy.

z1.4 - P1 26.02.2018 (1).jpg z1.4 - P1 26.02.2018 (2).jpg z1.4 - P1 26.02.2018 (4).jpg

You're talking about the scene when he comes out of the water right? That was actually an error while filming Lmao. In all the other scenes it's attached, the wraps that go around above his knees are actually what holds the netting together...Shannon Shea said it himself they were used to keep the suit closed.

Here's my own personal 1/4 P1 (W.I.P) so far, I've been working on him since 2011 and have since had a lot of help from Shannon Shea and Steve Wang on the painting methods.
Aiming for movie accuracy.
as for the armor, i know what you meant, and you really nailed it.

Back