Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that turquoise color you went with. It has the old copper penny look to it. Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my new custom painted 1/4 Jungle Hunter. It is incredible how an averagely painted piece can be a high end stuff with a change of paint. It is like 2 different figure. For fun I uploaded also a before and after photo.

27662165_1889796217772286_91500424_n.jpg
IMG_20180203_110208.jpg
IMG_20180203_110235.jpg
IMG_20180203_110251.jpg
IMG_20180203_110319.jpg
IMG_20180203_110337.jpg
IMG_20180203_110355.jpg
IMG_20180203_110208.jpg
IMG_20180203_110457.jpg
1.jpg

Everything looks great but do something with those blades. Take them out and put into the hot water for 30 sec. Try to make them straight and put under cold water.

I would try but it is hard plastic. So hot water cannot do much I am afraid. So it is a factory problem and I probably cannot fix it. But if you have any other suggestion I am happy to listen.

One time I also try to disconect some parts in this pred. I put the pand into a hot water and when the blades were warmed by hot water I hold them straight and keep under cold water. It helps. I know this is the different kind of plastic but you can try. Got nothing to loose.

At least if that's not gonna works you can replace the straight blades from factory vesion. But firstible try with hot and cold water. But you need to hold those blades in straight position till the end of cold water.

Nice work man! You're a natural. That body paint, quilling, and netting are fantastic. I'd just make the mask a bit darker and more weathered. And I think the blade straightening tip here above is a good one and worth a shot. Have you done figure stuff in the past or have you just started? Impressive stuff.

Thank you OM1D but it is not actually my work. I did parts of it (the leather straps, the leather at the groin area, the rubber part at the neck. Also I did the netting and the elbow straps and I added a little weathering to the armor but that is it. Anyway on the photo the helmet looks very bright but it is cause of my crappy camera. Actually the mask is a little bit more weathered. I will try to make a better photo about it later!

Oh and edek123 and OM1D thank you for the tip. I tried your suggestion and it worked. It is not perfect still much better than before.

IMG_20180203_201605.jpg

1/4 Jungle Predator custom base by Lord Joffre Customs
-Will repaint the armor soon.
-Progress pictures are included.

kgkYkIQl.jpg

c8Ty2fCl.jpg

666g3Vdl.jpg

vi9sjQMl.jpg

vW1Jobzl.jpg

Progress

thRmslnl.jpg

qukzIG8l.jpg

VhOaKVol.jpg

DzlaJuCl.jpg

c8Ty2fCl.jpg

Very nice but don't get me in the wrong way but isn't those flowers are a little bit much? I mean it does not give me the jungle feeling. But anyway good job.

Very nice but don't get me in the wrong way but isn't those flowers are a little bit much? I mean it does not give me the jungle feeling. But anyway good job.
Yeah I could see that but nahh I really like how it turned out. My own personal display so I made it exactly how I pictured it, only thing I would've done better if I could is the edge of the resin water.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

True. Poses are very important. I can't look at these ridiculus ''poses'' straight from the boxes showed on many groups and forums.

this base is awful look like his in someone backyard or at a flower depot
Well, as I said XD me and all of my friends actually love it. You can have your opinion and all but it really doesn't matter much to anyone. I would have made the base the exact same way again if I could.

Jesus, cut the dude some slack. 24 posts here and youre being that much of a dink? Grow up. There are more tactful ways to critique. How about a constructive suggestion how in your eyes he could have done it better. If you dont have better skill or ideas youre better off to stfu, predator elitist.

Jesus, cut the dude some slack. 24 posts here and youre being that much of a dink? Grow up. There are more tactful ways to critique. How about a constructive suggestion how in your eyes he could have done it better. If you dont have better skill or ideas youre better off to stfu, predator elitist.
Thanks man I really appreciate it. Just don't bother with that guy. Not worth it. I love my base and it turned out exactly as planned so who cares what he says. Let him buy his factory statues and critique all he wants. Gotta try to keep the threads clean of drama XD

Back