Action Figure Neca 1/4th Predator Custom Mod Thread Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iV119SB.jpg

Still a bit of tightening up to do, as well as some details. I'm to the point now where I'm looking at different angles from the movie, as well as lighting,
to make sure it looks as close as it can.

CMKm7Le.png

So, I had this thing to a point where I needed to bake it. Some of the smaller bits were fragile and at risk while I worked on other parts. Something went horribly wrong during the baking process, and a lot of warping occurred. I've been spending the last few days fixing the warpage and resculpting a lot. Starting to get back to where it was.

Here it is next to my first attempt from years ago that everyone thought looked good enough to buy. :lol The fact that people were willing to buy it says less about how good it was (not at all) and more about how bad the original NECA one was, I guess.

jxHb2JY.png

it says less about how good it was (not at all) and more about how bad the original NECA one was, I guess.
at least they were not the only ones cursed with disability to make a P2 mask.
i still remember McFarlane and than HT. twice.
something about its design just cannot be replicated easily.

It is a very strange mask. It seems to change shape and dimensions from shot to shot, even when I know it's the exact same mask. I've been trying really hard to study it from all angles to make sure it looks right no matter what angle you view it at.

that's what i love about it so much. they accidentally created a truly alien design :)

Dare I say, if you can hold this baby's hand and lead it through mass (at least a few) production, it'll be right up there with Tylerdurdem's epic HT CH mask from years ago. Keep it up mate.

Hi, i want to show you the custom base i made for the jungle hunter, hope you like it.

IMG_20180101_233945968.jpg
IMG_20180101_234009533.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180101_001238701.jpg
    IMG_20180101_001238701.jpg
    631.3 KB · Views: 152
what do you think about the skull i made (one in the floor) do you think the scale is somewhat correct?
if you care about the scale, the distance between predator and human eyesockets should be about the same for the most natural look, because there was a human inside a predator suit, so following this pattern would be the best.
hard to tell from your photo because of the perspective.

if you care about the scale, the distance between predator and human eyesockets should be about the same for the most natural look, because there was a human inside a predator suit, so following this pattern would be the best.
hard to tell from your photo because of the perspective.

There is a moment in the movie where he is holding a skull and from what I remember it looks a little too big. But that's just memory.

I just used fishnet stockings on mine. The elasticity helps keep the netting tight without having to stitch together.

IMG_0871.jpeg
353319y.jpg

Beautiful! How do you put the elasticity (is it the elastic rubber thing? )on or in the netting? Sorry I am not an English guy. Or are you talking about something else?

Oh by the way the bands at the elbows and at the knees are supposed to be dark brown or black in the movie?

Back