NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joy in a box............[emoji869]
24e244e382bd9770bda6cc8e1dd46a8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Got mine today, a few QC issues... Mikey's right eye is not fully painted and he has some chipped plastic at the end of his mouth, Leo's headband sits too high revealing a sizeable gap, Donnie's legs are loose as all hell and Raphael has poorly painted eyes.

but at least, judging by "Michigan", you paid only $125 for that and have all means to get replacements. many will envy you :)

I will be selling my set this week for $260...a few QC issues is the reason why...anybody interested let me know i will be putting it up on ebay by friday

I received my turtles the other day. Can anyone give me their opinion on Raphael's bandana and eyes? They seem off and not as squinty like other photos I've seen.

What about Mikey? Are his eyes normal or should I reach out to Neca CS too?
20180815_055109.jpg
20180815_055119.jpg

Mikey is a little wide eyed, out of the other 3 he stands out. So that looks normal to me. I can't really tell on Raph, his left eye looks messed up? Or is that a reflection?

I received my turtles the other day. Can anyone give me their opinion on Raphael's bandana and eyes? They seem off and not as squinty like other photos I've seen.

View attachment 422988
View attachment 422989

Don't know how in the world this would have happened, but your Raph bandana definitely looks like Donatello's! My Raph bandana is just more flat and does not have as much expression as yours appears to have. In comparing with the others it looks like yours is a Donny painted Red. Does the mold match the one on your Donny?

View attachment 422988
View attachment 422989

Don't know how in the world this would have happened, but your Raph bandana definitely looks like Donatello's! My Raph bandana is just more flat and does not have as much expression as yours appears to have. In comparing with the others it looks like yours is a Donny painted Red. Does the mold match the one on your Donny?

Yeah. That’s not Raph’s bandana. It’s Donnie’s... It definitely doesn’t sit right on the face, so hopefully you can get a replacement.
You should contact NECA Customer Service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback everyone. @dukefett it's the reflection on the eye. I'm definitely going to reach out to Neca CS for a replacement.

i doubt many people will agree with you.

The only advantage the SDCC set has over the 1/4 figs is the super-rarity. Anyone who wanted the 1/4 set could get them but a lot of people got shut out on the SDCC sale. That said, you’d absolutely be hard-pressed to find someone who would be as impressed by them as they would be by a complete 1/4 set in a man cave.

I own both the main set of 4 1/4 figures and an SDCC set w/ dio so there’s no confirmation bias here. NECA’s 7” scale is even what I mainly collect. The 1/4 set is just epic in a way the SDCC set could never be.

The only advantage the SDCC set has over the 1/4 figs is the super-rarity. Anyone who wanted the 1/4 set could get them but a lot of people got shut out on the SDCC sale. That said, you’d absolutely be hard-pressed to find someone who would be as impressed by them as they would be by a complete 1/4 set in a man cave.

I own both the main set of 4 1/4 figures and an SDCC set w/ dio so there’s no confirmation bias here. NECA’s 7” scale is even what I mainly collect. The 1/4 set is just epic in a way the SDCC set could never be.

Agreed. While I was extremely lucky to snag the SDCC set, and am forever grateful for it, their quarter scale counterparts have that WOW factor in the display that these don't, IMO. These 7" versions are the ones to play with :wink1:

The only advantage the SDCC set has over the 1/4 figs is the super-rarity.
you're very very wrong.
it has super poseability, i can put it anywhere and see them from any angle (and the best angle for them is a bit from above), and the last thing - 1/4 scale is unpleasant to look at.
so the main advantage it has over 1/4 figs is size.

you're very very wrong.
it has super poseability, i can put it anywhere and see them from any angle (and the best angle for them is a bit from above), and the last thing - 1/4 scale is unpleasant to look at.
so the main advantage it has over 1/4 figs is size.

i doubt many people will agree with you.

The 1/4th aren’t unpleasant to look at but they are big and harder to pose. I just wish playmates would stop being bitches with the license and let neca make more of these.

Back