NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better than nothing..I guess, do you have to send them back first :dunno

When are they expecting replacements

When i requested replacements for my sdcc2017 turtles, they sent me a full set of replacement heads with no expectation to send the bad ones back within a week. Great customer service. I have no idea when they're getting replacements though.

When i requested replacements for my sdcc2017 turtles, they sent me a full set of replacement heads with no expectation to send the bad ones back within a week. Great customer service. I have no idea when they're getting replacements though.

Hmm..stay on top of them ..but you already knew that :)

icm_fullxfull.170761069_k447sygp9f4swssosgo4.jpg

icm_fullxfull.166518838_71ivz1mxgs08ogkwswk8.jpg

icm_fullxfull.166518844_hbekh06hkfco8gogocw4.jpg

final photos from my seller!

I swear, after having paid (a lot for 4 7” figures, let’s be honest, nostalgia aside) for these AGES ago, and having to wait so long for them, if mine show up with all wonky eyes imma be piiiiiissed. Sigh. Calm down....calm down...

Loving the pics, guys! For those of you that have these - is it possible to twist the bandanas down enough in such a way that they actually lay flat against the traps/shoulders? Or are they molded in such a way as to be not quite flat?

Loving the pics, guys! For those of you that have these - is it possible to twist the bandanas down enough in such a way that they actually lay flat against the traps/shoulders? Or are they molded in such a way as to be not quite flat?

The bandanas are lightly glued in only a few spots around the head. Out of the box, my Leo had the bandana crooked, so I thought ..oh no, it’s defective :panic: turns out just the glue separated from the side of the head, so I futzed with it and the entire bandana came off. From there, it was easy to soften it with a hair dryer and some heat. And secured it back into place ..fixed.

For those who feel they have wonky eyes , you can try and remove the bandana and see if the bandana is sitting flush on the head or you can see if the eyeballs are painted fully or if the eyes are centered.

From then on, you can try my method of removing the bandana..heating it and reattaching it into place . Or if the paint is not right , repaint it

I will say this , the wonky eyes might be caused by the bandana not secured right onto the head . What I’m hinting is, if the bandana is crooked, it could be overlapping or covering parts of the eye balls so the eyes don’t look centered. So please check the bandana around the head first for any kind of separation from the head, it might make a difference :lecture

So what... are these custom made to fit the pizza box :dunno
dunno :dunnoi read only 10 posts per page and don't even understand what you're talking about.
wow your idea about taking the bandanas off and repainting the eyes is so unexpected, thanks!

i dunno :dunno i read only 10 posts per page and don't even understand what you're talking about.
wow your idea about taking the bandanas off and repainting the eyes is so unexpected, thanks!

I’ll take a pic and show what I mean about the bandana, believe me it was unexpected but a relief that it was fixable. Again just typical of Neca QC per usual.

It’s coming ..charging my camera for now :slap

Question, has anyone who owned the 1/4 have issues with weak ankles or loose feet. The feet on my Leo is kind of loose that he keeps toppling over in certain poses .

I want to know if anyone who got this set or have the 1/4 versions experienced this issue. Because I want to see if it is possible to detach the foot from the ankle peg or ball joint so I can add some polish or floor wax to stiffen the joint, but I don’t want to break the foot in the process. Otherwise I’m screwed in trying to replace it for now.

Please let me know if this is possible :dunno

I’ll take a pic and show what I mean about the bandana, believe me it was unexpected but a relief that it was fixable. Again just typical of Neca QC per usual.
that's definitely a relief because i hoped it was possible but didn't actually know it was.
Please let me know if this is possible :dunno
i think Psycho did that long ago and adviced anybody who had that problem to do the same. but there's no need to detach feet to do that.

that's definitely a relief because i hoped it was possible but didn't actually know it was.

Be patient with it, if anyone has this problem, it still is a delicate material for the bandana so I strongly suggest don’t try to pry the bandana off with a sharp object like a flat head screwdriver, because it can easily be damaged. :horror

if there is a gap between the bandana or a big enough space from where the bandana hits the head that’s a good sign..from then on, you can use heat to soften it loose or just gently wiggle it off, that’s what happened with mine . It also helps to remove the tail end of the bandana first as I found out that was the little bit of material that was holding the already loosely glued portion of the bandana in place.

Again I stress this solution only if it looks like the bandana is sitting inproperly on the head with a a gap or space detected causing the eyes to look crooked . If the bandana is securely glued to yours, You don’t want to break or damage the bandana itself unless you take the necessary steps I mentioned. :lecture

i think Psycho did that long ago and adviced anybody who had that problem to do the same. but there's no need to detach feet to do that.

Which Psycho was it . Psycho if you on this board today, help me out with what P was suggesting :wave

Back