NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why not use different cards and addresss like i did? :rotfl

Na1cs2f.gif

:rotfl

How can someone use another CC with a different address though..CC need to match an address. You need to use someone ( friend, neighbor ) with a different address . Or a business CC, but then your business will know unless you own it :lol

u get your wife and friends to buy for you.

not me...i hate flippers.

I’m not doubting your honesty here, but did you manage to lock in a few sets? Seems legit to me to do it the way you said, but I tried to lock in a second set (for another SSF member) on days two and three and ended up getting ziltch... How did you and your helpers manage to get sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not doubting your honesty here, but did you manage to lock in a few sets? Seems legit to me to do it the way you said, but I tried to lock in a second set (for another SSF member) on days two and three and ended up getting ziltch... How did you and your helpers manage to get sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fast internet helps.

Plus auto fill. I got my set in like a min or less even had to re enter my cc and still got me an set.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Same. About 30 seconds for me to score mine on the first day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well I will remember next time to order on the final day as it was so much easier ( although still stressful ) to snag my movie turtles set.

I think seeing the tips that people gave when they were successful the first day, really helped, especially the tips that were on YouTube.

It seems Neca’s site would prefer a CC transaction as opposed to a PP for faster checkout which makes complete sense I’m sure PP could get jammed with so many users in a situation like this.

Whatever, I ‘m just happy I don’t have to worry about it anymore. Now the countdown to anticipation begins for my set :impatient:

Well I will remember next time to order on the final day as it was so much easier ( although still stressful ) to snag my movie turtles set.

I think seeing the tips that people gave when they were successful the first day, really helped, especially the tips that were on YouTube.

It seems Neca’s site would prefer a CC transaction as opposed to a PP for faster checkout which makes complete sense I’m sure PP could get jammed with so many users in a situation like this.

Whatever, I ‘m just happy I don’t have to worry about it anymore. Now the countdown to anticipation begins for my set :impatient:
Just a few weeks bud. If we're lucky they could ship a week before SDCC like last year.

Just a few weeks bud. If we're lucky they could ship a week before SDCC like last year.

If I’m not mistaken , last year’s cartoon turtle set shipped earlier like you said. I didn’t preorder that one, but did the movie set sell out quicker..I don’t remember reading stories about that. But I’m sure it did .

But they still sell that cartoon set on ebay for a reasonable price so maybe those who missed out on the movie ones still have hope if they can’t go to SDCC . They just have to wait after.

If I’m not mistaken , last year’s cartoon turtle set shipped earlier like you said. I didn’t preorder that one, but did the movie set sell out quicker..I don’t remember reading stories about that. But I’m sure it did .

But they still sell that cartoon set on ebay for a reasonable price so maybe those who missed out on the movie ones still have hope if they can’t go to SDCC . They just have to wait after.
I think the movie ones sold quicker.

I was able to get one set on the second day and the diorama set on the third day. I used paypal and had all of my information already entered on the neca website as well as paypal. The only thing I had to do was select a shipping method and then confirm order. I believe I aquired them in about 4 clicks of the mouse. I would not say my internet speed is extremely fast by any means about average.

I remember when I was six and my parents took my brother and I to an out-of-town Wal-Mart. Our local store never had very good TMNT stock, so this was the first time us kids got to see the movie star figures in person. My brother picked up the last Michelangelo on the peg and we both admired the "realism" -- which is sort of laughable looking back on it.

Some random boy walked over and asked if he could take a look. My brother held out the figure to show it to him and the kid snatched it out of his hand and ran off. I think I was in tears the rest of the day. I sure hope karma came around to bite that little jerk in the ass. :pray:

Side note: Another kid tried the same trick a few years later when he saw me holding the last Power of the Force Darth Vader in the store. "Will you just let me hold it for a minute? I promise to give it right back." Not a chance, buddy. :lol

I saw this and thought it was hilarious because my mom tried to do that for me when I was really little. We were at a Target and I saw a teenage with a Dirtbag figure and told my mom that was the figure I was looking for. She flipped through all the pegs (there was a TON on the pegs at the time) but came up empty. I was really disappointed. That was when he made her move... the teenage was flipping through other pegs and had placed Dirtbag aside, and she went up to it and just took it. I was pretty shocked. Then we tried to high tail it on out of there but he teenage followed and politely asked for it back saying it was his. My mom apologized and gave it back, then gives me a "I tried" look. haha

I think the movie ones sold quicker.

That’s because most people love the first two films. You either love the first one or the second one. Either way, these almost fully represent both films. Well, if you don’t take into consideration the fact that they didn’t even use their weapons in Secrets of the Ooze and had them missing from some scenes entirely.

Someone mentioned it on Instagram as well but I did a quick scan on Ebay and the cartoon set is still average around $400.

Back