NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hats off to NECA!
image.jpg
Glad to have the brothers united at last!

Received Mikey from EE. His left sideways-pivot nunchuck hand is broken though... I'm just glad the peg didn't break off in the forearm. How should I go about getting a replacement hand?
14f8833c855b9780535d6e6ff42f0dec.jpg
0f9bd0ac808ec72496c12b8cc5975e9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put Mikey toward the back so he'd look a little shorter. Still need to work on my display skills though:
d15972ca40b57efc9b0366b5f9ba5bac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received Mikey from EE. His left sideways-pivot nunchuck hand is broken though... I'm just glad the peg didn't break off in the forearm. How should I go about getting a replacement hand?
left hand glued, heh. got the same problem. and broke the peg and had to drill it out.
what is EE?
i purchased from ebay Necastore. they immediately said that they could send a replacement hand right away.

Neca has terrible customer service. If anyone knows a way to actually get someone to help with something, let me know.

Neca has terrible customer service. If anyone knows a way to actually get someone to help with something, let me know.
Necastore sent me a replacement head and hand, charging only for shipping. and they chose the cheapest shipping with a tracking without me even asking for it. and they took photos of a replacement head when i asked, even though they didn't even understand what my issue with mine was.
i must also add that i offered to pay $50 for the head, and yet they didn't charge me for it.
i might be just lucky, but still i had to object your statement by my single experience.
or they just desperately looked for a way to get rid of me, thinking "it's easier to do what he asks than to suffer any more whining" :dunno

Necastore sent me a replacement head and hand, charging only for shipping. and they chose the cheapest shipping with a tracking without me even asking for it. and they took photos of a replacement head when i asked, even though they didn't even understand what my issue with mine was.
i must also add that i offered to pay $50 for the head, and yet they didn't charge me for it.
i might be just lucky, but still i had to object your statement by my single experience.
or they just desperately looked for a way to get rid of me, thinking "it's easier to do what he asks than to suffer any more whining" :dunno

How did you contact them? Also gracious of them to charge you shipping

How did you contact them? Also gracious of them to charge you shipping

Sending a replacement head for free and just charging shipping sounds super reasonable if they couldn't even tell what the problem was. If it was a major, obvious defect(Like a missing eyeball or something), I'd expect them to ship it for free.

Sending a replacement head for free and just charging shipping sounds super reasonable if they couldn't even tell what the problem was. If it was a major, obvious defect(Like a missing eyeball or something), I'd expect them to ship it for free.

How did you contact them though?

How did you contact them?
i bought not from Neca's site, but from Neca's ebay store. so i just contacted them as any ebay seller.

Also gracious of them to charge you shipping
they could deny everything, accept my offer of paying for a replacement head or demand that i ship the whole turtle back for a replacement (thus paying for the shipping twice).
instead they just charged me for shipping. $13 or so. yes, that was very gracious.

i bought not from Neca's site, but from Neca's ebay store. so i just contacted them as any ebay seller.

they could deny everything, accept my offer of paying for a replacement head or demand that i ship the whole turtle back for a replacement (thus paying for the shipping twice).
instead they just charged me for shipping. $13 or so. yes, that was very gracious.

Yes, they could have done that. And it would have made them even more of a terrible customer service company. Luckily ebay protects its customers more than their own website.

alright let's try another approach.
did you try opening a claim or whatever it is called in Paypal?
find a transaction and inform them it went bad, including specifics.
i had to do it once, when i never got an item from Ebay, seller never answered my questions, and ebay refund time was out.

alright let's try another approach.did you try opening a claim or whatever it is called in Paypal?
find a transaction and inform them it went bad, including specifics.
i had to do it once, when i never got an item from Ebay, seller never answered my questions, and ebay refund time was out.

I didn't buy on ebay. That sucks though :(

Paypal's FAQ doesn't specify that it must be only about Ebay.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-request-a-refund-faq406

what was your trouble with turtles by the way? i don't see you mentioning it.
oh i found it. you don't like his bright shell.
just take some dark paint and rub it into the shell or cover it with watered down water based dark paint. i don't have access to water based paint and don't want to risk it with Tamiya paints smelling of acetone, as it would be non-removable.

These guys are fantastic...I need to find a better display environment...

IMG_6139.jpg

Got mikey shipping today from BBTS! I live in texas any idea how soon i could be getting him?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

I am having serious issues with neca customer service and at this point they're just ignoring me after promising me to send me a replacement for another item

Back