NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant you just scrape off that extra black weathering on bandanna? sure thats just a black wash no? wants a raph bad but that floppy vid has me hesitating, that would suck.

if some of you can only get this online then you should buy five or six of them, select the one that satisfies your specifications and return back the rest. since you brought up clothing, yes people do that as well, if they wear size 10 shoe they would buy sizes 9.5, 10 and 10.5 and try them all since a size 10 asics might fit a size 10.5 toms.

brah... how rich are you?:lol

cant you just scrape off that extra black weathering on bandanna? sure thats just a black wash no? wants a raph bad but that floppy vid has me hesitating, that would suck.

brah... how rich are you?[emoji38]
It's not that of an common issue. It's the first figure that's been reported with that issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

if some of you can only get this online then you should buy five or six of them, select the one that satisfies your specifications and return back the rest. since you brought up clothing, yes people do that as well, if they wear size 10 shoe they would buy sizes 9.5, 10 and 10.5 and try them all since a size 10 asics might fit a size 10.5 toms.

sounds like you also must be new to buying online as well as you will be responsible for the return shipping on items that aren't damaged... so that's not really an option either. so again, people have valid complaints when they get things not as advertised... regardless of how cheap or expensive an item is.

brah... how rich are you?:lol

not really, you're still paying for one figure, returning and getting refunded for the others. of course others would say youd have to pay for return shipping but what's another 10-15$ return shipping when you've already spent 89$ on it? and really what's 10-15$ more to be happy whereas peeps here are upset, probably have to spend the same amount of money to buy touch up paint they could have used to return the other figures. why would you still want the figure that doesn't make you happy? do you like to admire and enjoy something that you are upset about? when you enter your room and see the Raph figure, it will not be what a beautiful screen accurate figure this is, but the first thing that will come to mind is the dirty bandana.

Just popped my guy open, honestly Necca your packaging gives me anxiety, it took me like 30 minutes just to unhinge the damn thing :lol my take on Raph, his likeness is on point, he's a pain in the butt to pose, specially the legs....nightmare...still love him I'll post some pics in a few

Just popped my guy open, honestly Necca your packaging gives me anxiety, it took me like 30 minutes just to unhinge the damn thing :lol my take on Raph, his likeness is on point, he's a pain in the butt to pose, specially the legs....nightmare...still love him I'll post some pics in a few

I guess the hot topic is, is your bandana on Raph the clean or dirty variant?

I completely understand BBTS' policy on this though. It's not like they're 'making off like bandits' here. NECA won't send them replacements for 'paint variations' and BBTS can't just eat all the returns. They could stop offering NECA products entirely, but I know they still sell a ton of them so that doesn't seem likely. This is a semi hand-painted, Chinese manufactured toy. Toy. Despite NECA's 'Collectible status' (which is hilarious, really), at the end of the day they're really just offering cheap Chinese plastic toys. When you choose to play the game, know what you're getting in to.

For me? These figures are stressful. I've got one Raph and had 2 more on order, just so I could get at least one 'great' one. I've since cancelled both of those pre-orders and have decided to just not purchase NECA products anymore. It's not about voting with my dollar so much as it's just not worth the stress and poor quality. I can love the original TMNT film without having several plastic figures standing around all over the place. But that's just me. :dunno Hopefully everyone that's angsting here can find some peace somehow.

I had Donnie on preorder expected back in Jan and Ralph expected in Feb. every month there getting pushed further back and with new Ht arriving (Ripley, Yoda and Snowtrooper) and New of Qc issues I hope thought of cancelling enter my thoughts

its just me but i would be fine with whats being refereed to as the dirty bandana ver. would prolly just attempt to scrape some weathering off and if no good, apply a spot of red wash to it and live with it. if it had a wonky eye or a floppy torso, be hard to ignore.

keep dreamin on a 4 pack 6inch scale box set.:pray:

The bandana is purposely weathered; although it looks a little dirtier in some pics.
I'm okay with the weathering mine has.
My Raph has the loose upper torso, causing him to slouch, which does limit poses. I can live with it because Raph is basically always slouching in the movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of pics

I finally received my Raph from Entertainment Earth last Monday. The packaging was excellent, box was mint. Fortunately, my Raph was a prestine example from this second wave, having no quality issues whatsoever. Thank God. So I paid $84 for him and waited a month and a half after the first wave was released to get him, not bad.

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Pic2.jpg.jpg
    Pic2.jpg.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 166
I finally received my Raph from Entertainment Earth last Monday. The packaging was excellent, box was mint. Fortunately, my Raph was a prestine example from this second wave, having no quality issues whatsoever. Thank God. So I paid $84 for him and waited a month and a half after the first wave was released to get him, not bad.

This is still from the first wave man... Second shipment of Raph doesn't happen til May.

I don't know what their replacement policy is, but certainly they would offer you a full refund if you returned the figure, right? It's hard for them to do anything about defective figures at this size and price since it would eat into their profits to have replacements available and that responsibility should fall to the manufacturer. Unfortunately neither NECA or any retailers have replacements since they sell out so quickly and don't hold any stock back. If I were you I would return it and wait for the next batch of figures and try to jump on one then. Make sure you preorder two of Leo and Mike that way you have a better chance of getting a good one. If they are both solid, you can always sell the extra for a profit, easy.

I managed to get refunded a couple of times without any trouble, but I can understand that it still sucks if you cannot get a replacement just as easy if you do not want the money back and just want the item you were promised. Seems though that these figures are made in such low stock atm that its becoming first come first serve yeah ?

seeing as these are not readily available at comic stores and rarely make it to any retail shops... and with it being the realistic only way to pick this up is online and sight-unseen... it's up to luck of the draw. seeing as you must be new to this thread as you would know this already without asking the question. so people's frustration is always warranted when something isn't as advertised. at least in my opinion. a $15 pair of jeans at walmart vs. $150 pair from macy's... no reason to expect the $15 pair has screwed up zippers or different length legs just cause they are cheaper. that's an ignorant mindset in my opinion basing consistency in quality on a product based on a dollar sign.

And that there is the rub with some adult collectables these days. Most of the high end ones rarely if ever hit retail stores and if they do they are in very limited supply. I know at my biggest geek comic shop Minotaur here in Melbourne only got two of the Donatello figures and they went very quickly, and I expect the same thing with the rest.

Back