NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you man, mines doing the exact same. Think it should be leaving for the UK by the end of today or tomorrow. Donny did the same thing and I have no clue why things bounce around America so much before leaving, it's just weird.
I'm in the UK too and it looks like mine is taking the same tour!my Ralph is currently awaiting in Kentucky too. Why don't they Fed ex or DHL as it's so much quicker.

For the Uk guys...what's your ETA?? Mine is 25 Feb - 6th March.

Mine is exactly the same. I was hoping they could get here by the end of this week but seems unlikely now. Loads of flights cancelled with storm Doris, might not get to the UK before next week. I can wait, as long as they don't turn up damaged. :lol

I'm in the UK too and it looks like mine is taking the same tour!my Ralph is currently awaiting in Kentucky too. Why don't they Fed ex or DHL as it's so much quicker.

According to eBay it is DHL. I'm kinda glad it's not FedEx though, as they are a lot more expensive in the end.
ETA for mine is also Feb 25th- Mar 6th. I ordered Donny that first week of December when Neca put him up and I got him a few days before Christmas. So roughly the same time period.

How much of a percentage to you all want to bet this line will indeed become a holy grail line ? Like, each one of these is going to be extremely hard to come by down the line in a few years ? I am still debating whether or not to just buy each of these on site the minute I see them at 200.00 AU a pop and then eat ramen noodles for the weeks till next pay day, or just wait till NECA will reissue them.

I can't see a DHL notification on eBay for mine...I do use DHL for work and everything I send from the UK to USA is 1-2 days delivery for up to 10KG and I pay about £9 to do this. eBay charge far too much postage

How much of a percentage to you all want to bet this line will indeed become a holy grail line ? Like, each one of these is going to be extremely hard to come by down the line in a few years ? I am still debating whether or not to just buy each of these on site the minute I see them at 200.00 AU a pop and then eat ramen noodles for the weeks till next pay day, or just wait till NECA will reissue them.
Id happily eat ramen noddles!

Lucky UK'ers waiting on Raphael to arrive! I'm still waiting on Donnie, took two days to get to the UK from Australia and has been held up for 9 days now with parcelforce, currently waiting for their letter with details of charges, ridiculous procedure!

You can call parcelforce now and pay the custom charge..no need to wait for the letter. Hope this helps?

Got both Donnie and Raph yesterday! And both have major issues. Just my luck of course. The worst is on Donnie, the front of his mouth is all jacked up. The round bumps of this skin are all mashed together, seems like the mold was just f'd up from the beginning not to mention the paint job right in that part sucks. Then Raph has like a few white dots under his mouth where they might have forgot to paint and the very bottom of his front shell the paint is jacked up and missing. They are great figures but Necas quality control sucks. I'll have to contact them and see what they can do.

Lucky UK'ers waiting on Raphael to arrive! I'm still waiting on Donnie, took two days to get to the UK from Australia and has been held up for 9 days now with parcelforce, currently waiting for their letter with details of charges, ridiculous procedure!

Think it's best to order through the NECA eBay with these. All customs charges paid upfront. Also if something is wrong with the figures you get to deal straight with NECA rather than going through another retailer first.

How? Says I need the invoice number

I would've ordered direct from Neca on eBay, I was just unlucky that they suddenly appeared on there the day after I'd ordered from Popcultcha

So in posing with Raphael more, it's really hard for me to get him in as much dynamic poses without him leaning on his front shell a lot I noticed. I was actually kind of shocked because his joints weren't stiff AT ALL when I got him out of the box compared to Donatello which took some time to loosen everything up. It's not like it's flimsy or anything and I can still get his hands raised and posed, but the arms didn't feel as stuck in place as I think these figures tend to be when you first get them.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned here or on the Technodrome forum but the paint seems to come off fairly easily on the "metal" part of the sai after messing around with it on his belt. I may have to repaint it if I keep trying to store it in his holster unfortunately.

qneKNwM.jpg

Is anyone else's Raph having "topple forward" of an ab crunch as this? I saw that some people were having issues with Donnie so is this similar?

5LK7dzx.jpg

holding it up

apQz8eY.jpg

vOmzWis.jpg

leaning forward

All in all, I'm still really happy with the figure and can't wait for the rest of them. What kind of poses are you guys sticking with for Raph?

I used a pointing stance a couple pages back. My Raph doesn't seem to have that lean but it's looking like neca quality control is a little all over. My sai had a few scuffs right out of the box but nothing too major.

raph.jpg

Its a strange problem with the loose upper torso, there is no hold at all. I may use some spongy foam to slip under the chest and keep the torso from rocking around

Awesome photo! I may have to try that out.

And yeah, it's not the worst thing in the world...he can easily sit back up if I push him backwards a tad so that's good.

Got both Donnie and Raph yesterday! And both have major issues. Just my luck of course. The worst is on Donnie, the front of his mouth is all jacked up. The round bumps of this skin are all mashed together, seems like the mold was just f'd up from the beginning not to mention the paint job right in that part sucks. Then Raph has like a few white dots under his mouth where they might have forgot to paint and the very bottom of his front shell the paint is jacked up and missing. They are great figures but Necas quality control sucks. I'll have to contact them and see what they can do.

:gah: God, you're making me want to order another one for 'insurance'. I'm out after Raph guys. He was always my favorite turtle across all iterations so I figure if I have him, I'm good. There is, nor will ever be space for me to display all 4. And at this rate of quality control, I'd have to buy 12 turtle figures total just to get a 'good one' of each. I'll start a SDCC fund instead... :wink1:

:gah: God, you're making me want to order another one for 'insurance'. I'm out after Raph guys. He was always my favorite turtle across all iterations so I figure if I have him, I'm good. There is, nor will ever be space for me to display all 4. And at this rate of quality control, I'd have to buy 12 turtle figures total just to get a 'good one' of each. I'll start a SDCC fund instead... :wink1:

It seems like the quality control issues aren't that terrible to worth the stress of wondering to buy two just in case the other is messed up. I'm sure yours will be fine. :) Like you, I wasn't sure if I have the space for all four but I decided to turn one section of my spare room into a little display area next to my Rich Kelly MONDO TMNT 1 & 2 posters.

It seems like the quality control issues aren't that terrible to worth the stress of wondering to buy two just in case the other is messed up. I'm sure yours will be fine. :) Like you, I wasn't sure if I have the space for all four but I decided to turn one section of my spare room into a little display area next to my Rich Kelly MONDO TMNT 1 & 2 posters.

I know what you mean, except you've got to figure there won't be any stock left for replacements, just refunds. Oy. Fingers crossed.

Lucky you have a spare room! :lol

Back