NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if a movie April is ever coming

I see Paige actively doing things here and there lately and I think Hoag is still appearing in things

So I wonder which April if they got permission , would they do

Probably.. but haven’t seen the guy in anything in years , so you’d think he could use the recognition :lol

I've seen him in TV shows - Criminal Minds, Unforgettable and probably other such shows. Could be Randy didn't think it was worth paying him any amount of money when they can easily sell Casey Jones with only a masked head because that is indeed what everyone will display.

I wonder if a movie April is ever coming

I see Paige actively doing things here and there lately and I think Hoag is still appearing in things

So I wonder which April if they got permission , would they do

Yeah Turtles II April was a regular in The 100.

I’m sort of surprised at how many people seem to really dislike The Secret of the Ooze. The first film is better by a long shot no doubt, but I still think the sequel is entertaining enough for what it is. It’s more of a movie for kids, but that’s also who it was aimed at. I’ll say I watched the sequel more as a kid but enjoy the first film more, but it isn’t like I absolutely won’t watch it or don’t like aspects of it.

If nothing else, Secret of the Ooze has cool designs that make for sharp looking figures that add to a display. Ignoring some of the humor around them, Toka and Rahzar look great as figures, even Super Shredder.

It?s just after a great strong first movie the series down grades itself to appeal parents. No weapons, designs aren?t as great, story is meh.

Also I?ll never get the appeal for Tokka and razar. They are just knockoff bebop and rocksteady. I don?t know why they just didn?t use those two instead.

But I did love the movie as a kid

It?s just after a great strong first movie the series down grades itself to appeal parents. No weapons, designs aren?t as great, story is meh.

Also I?ll never get the appeal for Tokka and razar. They are just knockoff bebop and rocksteady. I don?t know why they just didn?t use those two instead.

But I did love the movie as a kid

:exactly:

I remember after the original , a lot of parents complained that the Turtles were not only violent with the weapons , but a lot of moms thought the Turtles looked too evil , that’s why They changed the look of the turtles in the sequel and Mickey never used Chuks again in any movie

They also thought each scene was always in a dark environment making too dark for a kids movie

Yea as a child you enjoy it but as an adult you look at it as a huge step down. The turtles looked very realistic and real. In the second film they looked fake. If that makes sense. You could tell time and energy was put into that film. I honestly separate the first movie from the others cause they feel so different tbh.

Also the music in the 90s film is just..... no words. In 2 we got...... vanilla ice.

Again I loved two as a kid but it?s understandable why people hate the movie.

It?s the Batman Forever for tmnt fans while 90 was 89/returns

I?d buy Vanilla Ice...
I bought the original TMNT soundtrack when I was a kid, and the only song I remember it having was T-U-R-T-L-E POWER! Maybe it was just a cassette single. Didn?t get the Vanilla Ice tape from the sequel, but I?d totally get the figure.
I think you?re dead on with your Batman analogy. 89/Returns are darker, like 90 TMNT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Movie April would make for a boring figure, IMO. I don't see it selling well unless they packaged it with something really cool.

I'll definitely buy the toon April because it's more iconic with the yellow jumpsuit and all, but movie April is an easy pass for me.

Edit: Got lucky and found these guys in the wild last week...

IMG-20200220-005954.jpg

Had to go to 3 different Gamestops (1 had Shredder and melee foot, another had Splinter, and the last nearest store had bladed foot) but well worth it.

I guess Gamestop is getting more in store stock this time around because last year the Turtles were impossible to find in store.

Last edited:
Tokka is inaccurate :( he should have 6 shoulder spikes instead of 5, and his throat should be pale white, not dark yellow.
also there should be a lot more distance between his chin and his chestplate. pity, it's the only movie accurate Tokka ever made (including possible future, i believe), and they didn't study the suit good enough.

nOA5s93.jpg

2SV0iUU.jpg

bWPMwlh.jpg

JnXQywZ.jpg

i'll still get at least two - to keep at home and at work. it was my favourite toy since 10-12 years.

I'm content with just the (frickin' AMAZING) set of four Turtles from the original movie, but congrats to anyone excited about all these new figures NECA showed off at Toyfair- they all look great!

I've seen him in TV shows - Criminal Minds, Unforgettable and probably other such shows. Could be Randy didn't think it was worth paying him any amount of money when they can easily sell Casey Jones with only a masked head because that is indeed what everyone will display.

Yeah Turtles II April was a regular in The 100.

It's not how I'd like to display him, he hardly wears the mask in the movie. It makes sense for this scene with Raph in disguise, but that's it.

I want April from 1990. Never cared for TMNT 2.

I'd definitely want the first April.

There's no real news until there's another 1/4 scale figure announced. So far just a toon Raphael. Which is cool but not what we were expecting.
The 7inch figure don't mean much.

I kinda want like battle damage turtles with different headsculpts tbh. The grinding teeth headsculpt. I love how they look when they get mad

Is anybody thinking it’s a little too late to be coming out with 1/4 Cartoon turtles

I think these huge figures with the goofy faces would look strange in someone’s collection :horror

Tokka is inaccurate :( he should have 6 shoulder spikes instead of 5, and his throat should be pale white, not dark yellow.
also there should be a lot more distance between his chin and his chestplate. pity, it's the only movie accurate Tokka ever made (including possible future, i believe), and they didn't study the suit good enough.

nOA5s93.jpg

2SV0iUU.jpg

bWPMwlh.jpg

JnXQywZ.jpg

i'll still get at least two - to keep at home and at work. it was my favourite toy since 10-12 years.

With the Tokar and Rahzer having these movable parts in the faces..makes me think they should redo the turtles with movable face features

Back