NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why NECA can't get Target to put the figures on their website. :dunno

They can sell the videogame ones in BBTS, but not the cartoons? That's lame. You'd think the cartoon line would be more of a priority over the videogame line.

The way NECA has treated the distribution of these figures is really piss poor for the 7? line. I think I only saw the cartoon sets in a few Targets only a couple of times and now I don?t see them at all and my GameStops never had the movie Turtles in stock for sale other than preorders.

I?m actually getting bored with this line now because of the scarcity of product and that?s what sucks :gah:

I think losing TRU in the U.S. really screwed up the distribution of the 7? Turtle line because it seems like the other big brands don?t want to carry it anymore :mad:

I don't get why NECA can't get Target to put the figures on their website. :dunno

They can sell the videogame ones in BBTS, but not the cartoons? That's lame. You'd think the cartoon line would be more of a priority over the videogame line.

Someone was saying earlier in the thread that Target has a third-party that stocks that NECA section of their store. It's not a part of their regular toy line, so that's why they don't have DCPIs that can locate them in the store.

Someone was saying earlier in the thread that Target has a third-party that stocks that NECA section of their store. It's not a part of their regular toy line, so that's why they don't have DCPIs that can locate them in the store.

Yeah that?s why there is less TMNT Neca at Target and more of general Neca like Godzilla, Aliens, Predator, Terminator etc at every Target lately.

My question for NeCA is why do that? Why does the TMNT merchandise have to be stocked by a third party :gah:

Those are amazing! I'm assuming custom?
yep. custom made in 1/4 from reference photos i send to its author.
but i cannot make a photo of how they actually look (always turn out unnatural, yeah i'm a great photographer :( ), so no photos of 5 complete ones.

All Neca merchandise is stocked by a vendor not Target employees.

Yeah that?s why there is less TMNT Neca at Target and more of general Neca like Godzilla, Aliens, Predator, Terminator etc at every Target lately.

My question for NeCA is why do that? Why does the TMNT merchandise have to be stocked by a third party :gah:

anyone care to explain the difference between Toon version & Target packs? is there a side by side comparison? are the accessories similar?

This was also true for Toys R Us (trust me, I worked at TRU for several years). A person who worked for NECA would arrive with product in tow and stock the shelves. But it didn't seem to stop TRU from selling NECA products on their web site.

anyone care to explain the difference between Toon version & Target packs? is there a side by side comparison? are the accessories similar?

The figures and accessories are identical, as far as I can tell. I own the SDCC toon Turtles set, and have purchased numerous Target two packs for fellow board members. Since I havent opened a Target two pack, I cant be certain they contain all of the accessories, but they appear to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figures and accessories are identical, as far as I can tell. I own the SDCC toon Turtles set, and have purchased numerous Target two packs for fellow board members. Since I havent opened a Target two pack, I cant be certain they contain all of the accessories, but they appear to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but seems like the toon coloring is more towards game version, they look too bright in photos closer to their 2D sketches with panel lines. the target turtles looks closer to toon color but i could be wrong.

So I?m not really big on Loot Crate (they still owe me for a crate), but I got an email from them tonight for a 1990 Turtles movie 30th Anniversary box. The box is only being produced if they get enough people to pledge in for it.

One of the things included is a NECA Spirit of Splinter figure. Looks to be a the same figure released in the Capture of Splinter set only repainted. The campfire piece I?m fairly certain is a re-use from one of the Jason Voorhees figures.

I decided to go for one in hopes that it gets produced. I?m guessing it probably will, currently it?s at about half it?s goal.

Picture of the Splinter figure is below as well as the link to the Loot Crate page.
plp-body-img-tmnt-01_2x.jpg

https://www.lootcrate.com/crates/neca-tmnt

I think Splinter will get produced and not the Gremlin. I'm not going for it , but either way I'd like to see an actual figure. That's literally a faded image of Splinter behind the fire. There's no way the figure will look like the photo.

Pretty sure that is the figure. It doesn?t look like just a faded image to me. Looks like plastic when you look closely at it, and that camp fire piece is definitely something I own from one of the Jason figures, just re-painted.

It isn?t that hard to believe that they made a prototype given that they already made a regular Splinter. The page lists it as an exclusive but who knows if it will remain one or be produced and sold elsewhere.

Only reason I trust buying from Loot Crate now is that they were bought out recently and the same company that owns them now also owns NECA. So I imagine as long as this gets funded we?ll receive what we pay for.

''Only time will tell''

Randy's answer when asked if movie Casey Jones is coming. That's reasonably positive. They definitely want to make him.

''Only time will tell''

Randy's answer when asked if movie Casey Jones is coming. That's reasonably positive. They definitely want to make him.

Oh man, even I'd be all over a 1/4 scale Casey...

Well, they'll probably get made too.

I unexpectedly received my 7'' Turtles today. I had no idea they'd even arrived in stock in the UK yet. I haven't removed them from package yet but they seem OK

Just opened Raphael here in work. Terrific figure. The sculpt, the articulation and even the paint, possibly NECA's finest work.

Looking at Donatello still in box I think his eyes might be at tad wonky but it's extremely difficult to notice at this scale. It bodes well. Delighted to finally have these.

edit- actually Leo might be slightly wonky in the eyes aswell but it just isn't bothering me at this scale like the errors there could be on the 1/4 figures.

Last edited:
I’m holding out for an awesome Tatsu figure, preferably 1/4 scaled. I’d buy 4 or 5 foot soldiers and arrange them behind Tatsu in a cool display.

Back