NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what I don't like about the cartoon turtles? That they're Target Exclusives. :lol

Well I’m kinda torn on the Target issue because I literally never had to worry about having them because I got the SDCC set two years ago, but on the other hand I did actually see two or three complete sets at Target and I don’t go every week or even every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I too have the SDCC set, so I never even went to Target looking for the two packs. However, I will have to go to Target to get Casey, April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Leatherhead and Metalhead. :gah:

They should be available on the Target website. How come that's not an option? :mad:

Also, any word on how they will be selling these characters? Are we getting Bebop and Rocksteady together or one of them with a foots soldier? I hope they don't make us buy a bunch of sets just to get our favorite characters. I have no interest in buying more Foot soldiers. I'm good with the ones we got already, but they were showing some new ones at SDCC.

What I heard was there will be two different (new) Foot Soldier 2-Packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I struck out so far for the Splinter/Shredder set, I don't know if they held any back for Sunday or not. It's just a terrible system with the line, but I kind of know they don't have many options. If you haven't been there, they cap the line, the guy says "come back in 5-10 minutes." Because of the crowds they tell you to keep moving in the aisle, so there's like 25 people walking around in a circle in the aisle in front of the end of line guy.

But he never actually move along with the line, ie 2 people get called up to the real line and then he just grabs the people close to him (he does grab people he recognizes that have been there), so the whole, "come back in 5-10 minutes." is ********. If you actually listened to him you'd never get in line because you'd have left and then he wouldn't remember you because there's 25 other people in front of him constantly. I made a point to be like "Hi I'm Chris!" to him.

I know I can just grab them later at Gamestop but being right there sucks! Thursday sold out by 9:45 and Friday by 10:45. Literally the entire line disappears after that and you can walk up and buy whatever lol

Target is a nightmare because the sets are supplied by an outside vendor and aren't part of Target's inventory system. You can't buy them online or even look up DCPI numbers to find out if a store in your area has stock. You literally have to go out and search the stores yourself. (Which hey, I've got one 5 minutes away, but if that strikes out [and it usually does], it's a 40 minute drive to either of the other two stores in my city. It's crazy.)

Target is a nightmare because the sets are supplied by an outside vendor and aren't part of Target's inventory system. You can't buy them online or even look up DCPI numbers to find out if a store in your area has stock. You literally have to go out and search the stores yourself. (Which hey, I've got one 5 minutes away, but if that strikes out [and it usually does], it's a 40 minute drive to either of the other two stores in my city. It's crazy.)

My experience with Bricklink is that its woefully inaccurate. I've had several trips to a walmart only to find that either they don't have that Lego set that is 50% off or it's there at full price. At least with Target's website their in store inventory system is more accurate than Walmart.
The Target exclusive Turtles are at most of the Targets I visit readily available, I can not say the same for Walmart's exclusives.

Good to know. That would probably go a long way to explaining why I've never seen them ... the vendor in my area just never got them.

I have two Targets within a 10 mile radius of me and one I checked near my work, and I never saw them in any of the three.

The only good part is the villains will be a bit less desired. I found all the turtle sets besides the Shredder one a couple of times. People just wanted Shredder and only bought that set. I can imagine Metalhead will sit on the shelf a little while.

Never mentioned that I was able to order the 7'' Turtles from staractionfigures in the UK. So I can finally get in on this excitement and hopefully collect the whole line. Just ordered one set but I might order another from an Irish store if I get up off my arse and have a trip into Dublin.

Never mentioned that I was able to order the 7'' Turtles from staractionfigures in the UK. So I can finally get in on this excitement and hopefully collect the whole line. Just ordered one set but I might order another from an Irish store if I get up off my arse and have a trip into Dublin.

Dude, that's awesome. (Well, maybe not for your wallet. :rolleyes2) The EU usually gets the short end of the NECA stick.

can someone clarify the target 2 pack series assortments?

series 1 is

Mikey/Foot
Raph/ Foor
Leo/Shredder
Donnie/Krang

what is series 2 3 & 4?

Dude, that's awesome. (Well, maybe not for your wallet. :rolleyes2) The EU usually gets the short end of the NECA stick.

Thanks. I'm not too worried about the expense - I'll only be collecting the movie stuff, possibly stretching to Secret of the Ooze. How expansive can such a collection ultimately end up being? Unless I army build Foot Soldiers.

The cartoon stuff looks great - and I might miss not having the likes of Rocksteady and Bebop - but getting anything from the cartoon would be a whole new can of worms because then it becomes a case of - 'what about your other favourite childhood cartoons?' That would be a dangerous slope.

Thanks. I'm not too worried about the expense - I'll only be collecting the movie stuff, possibly stretching to Secret of the Ooze. How expansive can such a collection ultimately end up being? Unless I army build Foot Soldiers.

The cartoon stuff looks great - and I might miss not having the likes of Rocksteady and Bebop - but getting anything from the cartoon would be a whole new can of worms because then it becomes a case of - 'what about your other favourite childhood cartoons?' That would be a dangerous slope.

Are you going to get TMNT 2 turtles if they make 4 new turtles?

Maybe. I mean they never looked better than in the first movie but NECA might do something to make them appealing, different facial expressions and such like.

Yea secret of the ooze and everything after minus the 07 movie is just awful. Tmnt 1990 is the only canon I’ll except. Everything else is garbage. The suits in Soto were not horrible but you could tell it was a downgrade. I won’t be getting them

Back