NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading on Toyark apparently there were 6 TMNT sets to go up. Why even bother at that point? Just bring them to SDCC.

Yeah. With hitting refresh constantly, when the page finally showed the figures, TMNT already read sold out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading on Toyark apparently there were 6 TMNT sets to go up. Why even bother at that point? Just bring them to SDCC.

IPg5Kg8.gif

Has anyone ever tried removing the feet from their 1/4 Turtles? Was thinking to contact NECA to exchange the foot on one of mine since the paint apps were fudged, but if it's complex joint I won't bother. Doesn't seem like it is, though. I'd imagine heating would be enough, no?

Secret of the Ooze figures in 2020 according to twitter. Doesn't specify if 1/4 or 1/10.

But did we know they were planning to do that film?

Secret of the Ooze figures in 2020 according to twitter. Doesn't specify if 1/4 or 1/10.

But did we know they were planning to do that film?

Randy said a few month ago that they would finish TMNT 1 before doing any other films. I hope there's a movie Casey Jones before the TMNT2 figures.

I don't think the TMNT2 design is that different to merit a whole new line. Shredder, Tokka and Razar I get, but four more turtles again?

The Pixel Dan interview

Funny, good banter.

edit - around 9:40 he's talking about the 30th anniversary of the 1990 film and says 'more characters' are coming, plus Secret of the Ooze.

Frustratingly the sound goes off when he's talking about the Alien 40th anniversary line.

Last edited:
The Pixel Dan interview

Funny, good banter.

edit - around 9:40 he's talking about the 30th anniversary of the 1990 film and says 'more characters' are coming, plus Secret of the Ooze.

Frustratingly the sound goes off when he's talking about the Alien 40th anniversary line.

More characters from 1990? Probably Casey, Apri and Tatsu.

Movie April is probably bottom of their list so I'd say he's talking about Casey Jones and Tatsu. But once they do those two it becomes a case of 'how can we leave her out at this point?' and they might well make her too - albeit definitely for the 7'' line only.

Sometimes a minor character/variant is more “toyetic” (it’s a real word! Ask Joel Schumacher) than a major character/variant. You might say that about Tatsu and April O’Neil but you’d be wrong. There isn’t a person on the planet that would buy Tatsu but wouldn’t rather buy April O’Neil first.

Yeah, I'll take April over Tatsu if I had to choose one.

Also two things I don't like about the cartoon figures shown at SDCC.

1. Casey's pants are to tan and need to be a darker grey.
2. They change Bebop's face. Originally he had a closed mouth, which looked better, IMO.

Back