NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine staggered at the cart button but went through. I just kept clicking. My work recently upgraded its Internet to a gig line, so I wonder if that helped.

F&ck NECA. I never even got to the checkout page. And of course people are already scalping on eBay. What a horrible system.

Attachments

• B6524BB0-304E-4A57-A2BF-0925F8D9D9BC.jpg
    B6524BB0-304E-4A57-A2BF-0925F8D9D9BC.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 2CA99F39-585B-497E-A181-569CCF20C600.jpg
    2CA99F39-585B-497E-A181-569CCF20C600.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 46F81BEE-0B52-4970-858F-B47F23B85E25.jpg
    46F81BEE-0B52-4970-858F-B47F23B85E25.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 660D9C44-F998-449D-BAAB-833D87516569.jpg
    660D9C44-F998-449D-BAAB-833D87516569.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 122
F&ck NECA. I never even got to the checkout page. And of course people are already scraping on eBay. What a horrible system.

Half of these likely are just being bought by scalpers for resell. Sometimes collecting is just no fun at all.

I believe you can only get two of each item. If they order more tomorrow those orders get canceled unless I missed something.

IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY I CAN PRE-ORDER?
Yes. The limit is TWO PER HOUSEHOLD. We take a hard stance on scalpers and bots, and any duplicate orders or orders due to bot use will be cancelled.

I'm on a desktop...the checkout button wouldn't work

I feel like I somehow bypassed the checkout button. What I think happened was that I added them to cart, clicked on the cart button at the top which took me to the order page and then I just clicked on the paypal button at the top. Maybe try that next time?

Wished Neca didn't let the same people who already got to order 2 sets a chance to order again another 2 sets for the remaining days. It's just feeding the scalpers more.

They said they are manually reviewing all the orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I got mine, here are my tips (which are the same as last year). Log into account. Add the $10 gift card. Make sure your address is correct. Load your credit card info into google chrome to auto populate. Go to the last page to make sure everything looks right as if you would buy the gift card. Then delete the gift card from your cart. Go back to the product page. Spam F5 till it shows in stock. Add to your cart. Click through everything. Type in your CC verification code. Boom ordered.

I feel like I somehow bypassed the checkout button. What I think happened was that I added them to cart, clicked on the cart button at the top which took me to the order page and then I just clicked on the paypal button at the top. Maybe try that next time?

Thanks for the tips, guys!

F&ck NECA. I never even got to the checkout page. And of course people are already scalping on eBay. What a horrible system.

In the case of TMNT it's a licensing thing that these have to be exclusives, is it not? That was my understanding, that if NECA could have their way these would be mass-retail.

Now, John Connor on the other hand did not have to be an exclusive for any kind of licensing reason. They chose for him to be so and that kind of pissed me off. He was shown at SDCC '18. Since when do they reveal one year's exclusives at the previous year's con? So most of us were led to assume he was getting a wide release.

I did that...it just stayed at the checkout page. Hopefully tommorrow it will be better. Those that got theirs think it was easier this year, yeah! because MANY of us couldn't get past the checkout page. Those that did get past it, they think it was easier :lol

Call and complain to NECA about the checkout button not working, people. I called and the guy didn’t believe me... he said they tested it and that they hadn’t gotten any other calls or complaints. Here’s their number: 908-686-3300

They got a million tweets telling them about the checkout problems, I couldn't get through when the TMNT set was in my cart either. Just click, nothing, click, nothing, for like a minute or two. Then the set was out. Was able to snag John Connor though.

I did that...it just stayed at the checkout page. Hopefully tommorrow it will be better. Those that got theirs think it was easier this year, yeah! because MANY of us couldn't get past the checkout page. Those that did get past it, they think it was easier :lol

It was just dumb luck then. Stupid NECA. Well of last year is any indication you will be able to buy these st game stop or target eventually anyways.

Since I got mine, here are my tips (which are the same as last year). Log into account. Add the $10 gift card. Make sure your address is correct. Load your credit card info into google chrome to auto populate. Go to the last page to make sure everything looks right as if you would buy the gift card. Then delete the gift card from your cart. Go back to the product page. Spam F5 till it shows in stock. Add to your cart. Click through everything. Type in your CC verification code. Boom ordered.

This guy gets it!

This process is no guarantee, but it can only increase your chances of getting the figures you want tomorrow and/or Friday. I'm pretty sure doing something like this was the only way I got the 7" Turtles exclusives last year!

I actually thought they fixed this ******** this year. I don’t know how the hell it worked for me. I was in a meeting, someone was taking to me, I fumbled around with my phone number and this or that, tried on mobile first with no luck. Just got stupid lucky.

What makes me mad about this is that the whole thing does nothing but feed scalpers. Sure it does build hype and communication and get people excited and there is value in that but you know they are just going to whore out these figures like they did with last years stuff. Walk right in to any old target and get the figures, to any comic shop and get the backdrop... go to GameStop, get the figures.

I could be wrong though, the shredder comic set dropped in price but never was re released, never saw the arcade set whored out.

I hate NECAs tactics but I still can’t believe I’m going to own these. And if the comic bebop and rocksteady make it out ( leatherface the dimension x guys and slash are all bonus but not essential) then I only need the following guys to die a god damn happy man.

Comic splinter
Cartoon splinter
Cartoon April
Movie April
Comic Casey
Cartoon Casey
Movie Casey

Call and complain to NECA about the checkout button not working, people. I called and the guy didn’t believe me... he said they tested it and that they hadn’t gotten any other calls or complaints. Here’s their number: 908-686-3300

I guess they don't read facebook comments then. There are tons of 'Checkout' complaints and yet they pretend everything was fine? It was in the first 3-5 minutes trying to checkout.

Back